Hacking How can I determine what system version a NAND.BIN is?

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I made a few backups of my 3DS a while ago, and stupidly named them all to NAND.BIN, so I don't know which ones are which. Is there a way to determine what system version the backup file is?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You should have renamed when dumped it. There's no way to figure it out unless you inject the backup to emunand partition and check it out there. There could be other possibilities to check it out on computers but you have to decrypt those dumps and extract FAT16 partition, mount the image and try to find some system files indicating the version. I won't recommend doing the whole decryption things unless you have tons of backups to check for.

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a few backups of my 3DS a while ago, and stupidly named them all to NAND.BIN, so I don't know which ones are which. Is there a way to determine what system version the backup file is?

In the future, I would recommend creating folders with a naming scheme, like:

Jan-10-2016_10.3-emunand_DONOTDELETE

This avoids the issue in the future. Just drop your nand.bin and there is no confusion.

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
In the future, I would recommend creating folders with a naming scheme, like:

Jan-10-2016_10.3-emunand_DONOTDELETE

This avoids the issue in the future. Just drop your nand.bin and there is no confusion.
That's a good idea, I'll do something like that from now on since I almost lost my 4.5.0 backup :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.