How can I delete these [?] from my Wii U menu?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Dangy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Dangy
    OP

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    There were some games I had installed on my Wii U before I installed MochaCFW, I decided to delete them (on stock FW) using the data management thing. Now whenever I try to delete those blocks in data management I get an error message telling me to reboot the system and try again.

Blocks in question: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/X...7oSl_SEO_3mVv_OcBOcULh27p7aMsvg=w1280-h960-no

EDIT: I'm on 5.5.1U and I followed FlimFlam69's guide on github for the hacking part of it.

Last edited by Dangy, Jan 9, 2017 - Reason: didn't include basic info
  2. flzmx

flzmx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    United States
    Running Mocha seems to work for me. I move them into a folder that gets removed in my RedNAND setup and then load Mocha, then restart and they go away.

3. Dangy
    OP

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    I'm running Mocha in the screenshot I posted

4. 8BitBang

8BitBang Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    United States
    Are any of these applications saved on your NAND? Besides your Haxchi based app, move them to the USB device and they will disappear.

5. CatmanFan

CatmanFan take deep breaths...calm down...relax

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    AT MY HOUSE
    As far as I know, the [?] blocks are actually applications that are installed on NAND in SysNAND and not on RedNAND. If you try to delete these blocks from RedNAND, you will be given an error message. Moving the NAND-in-SysNAND-only applications to USB will replace the blocks. If you can't replace them whatsoever, create a folder, drag all the [?] blocks into that folder, and drag the folder all the way to the last page of your Wii U menu.

6. OfficialBrony

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    So wouldn't that mean if you install games on a CFW, you'll get those ? squares when you run the stock nand?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

7. CatmanFan

CatmanFan take deep breaths...calm down...relax

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    AT MY HOUSE
    If you install games to NAND in a sigpatched SysNAND (not to USB), the [?] blocks will appear in their place on RedNAND.