1. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a tool to decrypt DLC from the Xbox 360 version of Rock Band 3? Does it even exist? I just want to be able to play my officially owned DLC along with Customs (offline)

Is there a valid download link for this somewhere? Thanks in advance!

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    le fluffie app maybe. I'm not really sure. you'd only be able to play it with an rgh. and, most custom stuff (if it's user created) can be played as regular dlc. I know the custom tracks in trials can be.

3. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm not sure what you mean by "with an RGH" though. What does that mean?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you won't be able to use the dlc unless the system is fully hacked.

5. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh...no, mine isn't, I'm just using Title Update 4...the utility didn't work anyways or I'm doing something wrong.

I really wish there wasn't something to just scan and decrypt them with.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    not sure, but you can't play those custom dlc without a hacked system afaik.

7. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have tons of customs from customcreator site without a hacked Xbox, you just have to delete Title 5 from the game in the settings and have title 4 update on the flash you use.
    (and not update the game when prompted - not play online, etc)

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I don't know anything about that, but normally, it won't work especially if you dissect dlc you don't own.

9. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah it won't because the audio inside the DLC file itself (which I believe is in .mogg format), is encrypted. Bummer.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    le fluffie app should be able to take the content out of the container file, but I don't know about decryption. the problem there is it's encrypted with an unknown key, which is why I'm surprised that it works at all. must be a bug of some sort that was fixed with a title update. I guess people were using it to steal songs or to hack the game. I don't own the game, but my sister's ex-husband left one of those guitar controllers behind at my house.

11. Tapri

Tapri Forum Lurker

United States
    If i remember correctly from my time modding RB3, importing and creating custom tracks for RB3, as long as you're on title update 4 or below, you can use any song, pro mode tracks, etc modified or not. I found this out by accident when i got BYOB (no longer purchasable) from a member of one of the communities and it loaded up just fine. So you wouldn't necessarily have to change one specific file into something different by decrypting/replacing.

Just as a side note; if you're using a disk copy, check for a Mad Cats logo on the disk/box. If you have that version, it's has title update 5 pre installed on the disk, and any files not purchased by you will not work at all. I might have to go find my flashdrive that has all my RB3 mods and help you get more specific on it.

12. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have title 4 and non-madcatz RB3 disc...customs work fine from flash...non decrypted RB tracks do not, sadly.

Songcrypt just was never developed enough to handle post-RB1/some RB2 tracks... :-(

13. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I stand corrected, the songs DO work in RB3 with Title 4...I'm dumb and was missing this knowledge. THANK YOU.

...so the ONLY reason to decrypt them is if you want access to the actual audio in the file? That has nothing to do with playing it on the system as a game song track, correct?

14. Tapri

Tapri Forum Lurker

United States
    You can actually make custom tracks. If you decrypt them, you can have access to the midi and everything, editing the track, changing the music, etc. Outside of that, pro tracks are different compared to the actual song file itself, they're separate files (about 200kb in size, each) that contain the header info for what song it's for, and the actual track.

15. touchofkuriz

OP touchofkuriz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I hear ya. I actually have 3 customs I'm working on currently. (my first 3), I knew about that...I just didn't know you could PLAY non-encrypted DLC songs using Title 4...I thought that was only FOR customs...shows what I know...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - decrypt, (Xbox,