Hardware How can I create an "external" SysNAND for a New 3DS?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
How can I create an "external" SysNAND for a New 3DS?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this sound weird, but, here we go:
Some time ago, I created one for an Old3DS and it worked great.
I attached the CLK, CMD, DAT0 and GND to a SD card to microSD adapter by the SD side (the oposite to a hardmod made to dump the nand), then I write the NAND directly to a microSD to boot it and it worked really great on that Old3DS.
Here's a picture if you still do not understand what I mean:
kMEbDBI.jpg

Well, the issue it's that the New3DS is not so easy to "trick"
When I do the same on it I get this:
Code:
00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000
That means "unreadable data" or that the "dat lines are connected to other dat lines". I will go for the first "unreadable data" option.
I already checked the connections and no dat lines are connected to another (the only required one it's DAT0 and it makes no contact with the connectors for the other DAT lines).
I will apreciate a lot some help with this.
I really want to make this hardware modification work and make the SysNAND boot from an external microSD card (just like an EmuNAND but without the "Emulated" part). I want this for research, and as many of you may know, the EmuNAND are loaded by a "simulated reboot", not from a direct "boot" and for hacking research purpouses, I will need this on SysNAND and I do not want to be rewriting it directly to the N3DS time after time, I prefeer to write the NAND back to a class 10 microSD card.
I will appreciate any possible help or hints with this.

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you actually disconnected the internal storage?
Might the N3DS require 4-bit mode?
Could the wires be too long? @al3x_10m did it (on an o3ds too) but he put a microsd slot almost directly on the board...
I write the NAND directly to a microSD to boot it and it worked really great on that Old3DS.
Without converting the encryption for the different CID of the original chip to your microsd?? Weird that it actually booted...

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Could the wires be too long? @al3x_10m did it (on an o3ds too) but he put a microsd slot almost directly on the board...
I will try to make them more shorts, but in the O3DS I made them around 25cm long...
Without converting the encryption for the different CID of the original chip to your microsd?? Weird that it actually booted...
wanna a video showing it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.