Hacking How can I create a launcher in the WiiU main menu to directly run wiiflow lite?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

I have oth Wii U and vWii hacked but everytime I want to run a wii or gamecube game I have to get in the vWii, than get in the homebrew channel and then go to wiiflow lite. So is a bit tedious each time to do all this steps to play a game. Is it possible to install a wiiflow lite launcher diretly in the main Wii U menu?

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I have oth Wii U and vWii hacked but everytime I want to run a wii or gamecube game I have to get in the vWii, than get in the homebrew channel and then go to wiiflow lite. So is a bit tedious each time to do all this steps to play a game. Is it possible to install a wiiflow lite launcher diretly in the main Wii U menu?
Yes its possible, you use haxchi.

bren1818

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coming to this thread from 2022 - With options like Tiramisu available, could you document or elaborate how to get a launcher (similar to the one for Nintendont) on the WiiU which can launch right into wiiflow. I'm looking around but I think I may be years to late to this party.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Coming to this thread from 2022 - With options like Tiramisu available, could you document or elaborate how to get a launcher (similar to the one for Nintendont) on the WiiU which can launch right into wiiflow. I'm looking around but I think I may be years to late to this party.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
Not sure if "Wii Homebrew Injection" will work for a USB loader (because of AHBPROT access), "vWii NAND Title Launcher" most certainly will work though so if you have a WiiFlow forwarder channel on vWii you can launch it through that.
This is WiiVC, so USB is not supported, games must be loaded from SD but on the upside you can use the gamepad as a controller.
With hbl2hbc as @godreborn mentioned I believe USB works, but you can't use gamepad as controller.
Up to you which route you want to go.

Reactions: Kopimist

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: bren1818

bren1818

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, that looks like what I'm looking for. I'll give it a whirl.

I think the confusing part is:
On Wii you have homebrew launcher which launches home brew apps.

You can use homebrew to install wads which add channels (forwarder synonym?) to the v/Wii home menu.

On the WiiU side you have home brew launcher as well, but you need to install the "channels"? To the wiiu main menu using a wup installer.

The other tidbit which has me wanting to make sure I'm doing it right is some forums say to not use wads made for the Wii on the vWii (specifically/especially the IOSs) but some mention the other wads should install fine.

Thanks again, please let me know if I've goofed any of my notes. Skimming though the other forums mostly suggest haxchi for forwarders but I never installed haxchi when using tiramisu.

bren1818

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just make a Wii injection?
Thank you for the idea, that may be just as much work given there's only a small number of Wii games I'd play... Mostly the Wii sports resort because the new WiiU version lacked archery and just didn't do it for me.

Edit: this was a great approach and worked great.

Last edited by bren1818,

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you, that looks like what I'm looking for. I'll give it a whirl.

I think the confusing part is:
On Wii you have homebrew launcher which launches home brew apps.

You can use homebrew to install wads which add channels (forwarder synonym?) to the v/Wii home menu.

On the WiiU side you have home brew launcher as well, but you need to install the "channels"? To the wiiu main menu using a wup installer.

The other tidbit which has me wanting to make sure I'm doing it right is some forums say to not use wads made for the Wii on the vWii (specifically/especially the IOSs) but some mention the other wads should install fine.

Thanks again, please let me know if I've goofed any of my notes. Skimming though the other forums mostly suggest haxchi for forwarders but I never installed haxchi when using tiramisu.
Ja, it can be confusing.
When you use hbl2hbc you are actually pointing to forwarders in the vWii. One the first glance you might ask why but the advantage is that you don't have to use a Wiimote as you are launched directly in the different emulators which support Wii U Pro Controllers. Thats the biggest but also a great benefit.

bren1818

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ja, it can be confusing.
When you use hbl2hbc you are actually pointing to forwarders in the vWii. One the first glance you might ask why but the advantage is that you don't have to use a Wiimote as you are launched directly in the different emulators which support Wii U Pro Controllers. Thats the biggest but also a great benefit.
Yes, it's been a bit of a learning curve and I should probably do more expirementing, but I always have this silly fear I'll brick something.

I've been continuing to read up on other entries and have been playing with the tool teconmoon mentioned here:

hxxps://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577

It worked well to make a wup version of a Wii Game, but I see it also has the option to use home brew / channels - have you ever used this tool to create a wiiU menu item to directly launch Wii apps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1