How can I convert my japanese save to an English save in Black

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Gunfreak11, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Gunfreak11
    OP

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not worried about japanese names, as I'd redo them myself if necessary. Surely there's a way?

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    You could use pokesav to convert them.

3. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    you could rename the japanese save to the white or blacks rom name or visa versa then the save will load with a E or USA rom

4. Alex658

Member Alex658 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    Yeah, both of these.
    If you only want to use your RAW as-is jap savefile on the U/E Rom then just rename the SAV to the new rom's name. it will work regardless. you will probably need to convert the JAP names into english manually though.

You could edit the sav with the Pokésav to automatically ''revert'' the names to their original english ones, but I am unsure if there is one Pokésav version available for the E/U Rom.

But IIRC, the sav file may have some little bugs here and there. because of the swapped addresses in the localization, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

5. Gunfreak11
    OP

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah. I just imported my pokemon over and started a new file, and will begin to power through the game.

Of course, I'm going to have to use the name rater. I just don't want the team I spent hours on creating vanish [​IMG] Anyways, thanks. I searched and nothing relevant came up, but a manual search did the trick in the end. Apparently, some bugs are present with interregional saves. I'd like to avoid them.

6. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I just renamed it to the name of the English rom.

No converting, and it worked fine. I just went and changed all their names (I had like 9 Pokemon). I've traded with friends at school, so no Wi-Fi problems or anything like that.

Only the Pokemon names were in Japanese, the PC box names are in Japanese, and my character's name is a slightly different text than the other text (It's slightly bigger and the spaces are bigger. It's barely noticeable).

7. dragonkid6

Member dragonkid6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used Pokesav to change my characters name, I just re-typed "Chaos" and he can out fine, but i took it a step further with pokesav to change the OT name on all my pokemon and then I changed their region and names to english while using the pokesav. I also took some time to add some mystery gift pokemon too^_^

Other than instant mystery gift instead of using another ds or website hosting I use pokesav for mystery gift stuff.