how can I contribute to the homebrew community??

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by DarkRioru, Sep 19, 2016.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    I really want to contribute to the homebrew community for the 3ds family or the wii but, I don't know how to code nor do I have the time to sit on my butt in front of my brothers computer and teach myself how to code... is there a way I can contribute??? I don't have a hardmod/capture card... my n3ds doesn't have kernel access... I have good ideas some of them being nsfw or asdf skit worthy and I really want to make something for this community besides blogs about worthless or funny shit... I really want help in any way I can... I want to be useful...

2. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    There's not much you can do if you're not willing to take the time or acquire the resources...

3. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Learn LOVE and do something simple with LOVEPOTION?

4. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    how simple is it to learn love? I can do that already without coding T3T

5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Learn coding and invest your heart and soul into the Wii U and 3DS because those are dying systems like every other nintendo console ever made. Where do I start you may ask yourself but that is a question you need to answer yourself nobody will just walk up to you with a guide on how to make homebrew you have to Learn coding and invest your heart and soul into the Wii U and 3DS because those are dying systems like every other nintendo console ever made. Where do I start you may ask yourself but that is a question you need to answer yourself nobody will jsut walk up to you with a guide on how to make homebrew you have to learn coding and shit.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Test new releases.
    Mirror things to filetrip and sites like it. This includes source code snapshots if you want to learn how to make those/get those (coding takes a while to learn, this takes a few hours at most).
    Fill in descriptions on filetrip and sites like it.
    Do screenshots if you can. If you only have a camera then that can do for some things.
    Go and find things people might have missed. However many years on this I never found a Japanese ROM hacking or site like this/pdroms I can link that cover most things. That means some Japanese stuff slips through the cracks.
    make some cheats. Basic cheat making also takes maybe a few hours to learn. You are probably not going to beat anybody to the punch for making infinite money in pokemon or infinite lives in mario but there are loads of games and not many people doing it.

As a general rule homebrew ideas, hack ideas, game ideas and the like are worth nothing -- I might do yours but I have about 5000 of my own to get through first. Prototypes and demo builds are a different matter.

I do suggest you learn some basic coding though. It might not do for the 3ds and wii but have something like python as it will be very useful in years to come.

Chary and Subtle Demise like this.
  7. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    You can always steal someone's LOVE2D game, port it to LOVE Potion, and call it your own. If people say you copied it just say that you got permission.

8. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat halloween peener

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    make homebrew

9. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    [​IMG]

Swiftloke likes this.
  10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Homebrew made, now I am wasted and the homebrew community is still no better off.

VinLark and Bubsy Bobcat like this.