How can I clear my plugged ears?

• Thread starter Deleted-379826
  • Start date
  • Views 1,246
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Basically this morning when I woke up I randomly had plugged ears and it usually goes away but I've had it for the first quarter of the day it got better and then again it got plugged. The way I cleared it the first time was by plugging my ears and swallowing but it doesn't seem to work this time and I have tried yawning and I am chewing gum right now. Btw it's just my left ear and I am pretty sure I do not have an infection. Any ideas or suggestions????

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe taking a bath or a shower more often?
j/k

Just regularly clean your ears with qtips.
It could be something chronic that they need to puncture your eardrums, but I doubt it.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're on the subject of ears. I remember back in 2010, my ears became plugged with too much wax. I tried to use a qtip, and I pushed the earwax farther back, causing me to lose around 80% of my hearing. It was hell, I hated hearing my own voice, and I got disoriented easily. You never really appreciate your hearing until you lose it temporary.

Anyway, I ended up going to the hospital after those wax remover kits failed. The nurse there flushed out my ears, it felt so damn good and relaxing, like holy shit, it felt amazing. And when she flushed it out, everything suddenly was LOUD as fuck, and I could hear waterfalls for some reason. I was so damn happy to have both of my ears working once again! :D

Sorry about the wall of text, this thread just reminded me of that time! :P

Reactions: cearp and jDSX

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See a doctor if you got ear problems. But if you're 100% sure it's just a lot of wax you want to get out, and you absolutely must do it yourself:

-pour in two teaspoons of 3-4% hydrogen peroxide solution into your ear. You can also add a teaspoon of mineral oil and glycerin if you want.
-Don't do this if your eardrum has a hole in it or anything. it'll be baaaad otherwise.
-Lay your head sideways, and pour it in.
-it'll bubble, that's normal and fine.
-let it set for about 2-5 minutes
-put a wrag against the ear, and tilt your head over, emptying your ear
-redo the process with some water
-If that doesn't clear it up enough, wet a q-tip, and gently get out what's in there. Gently.

Do for other side.
Don't forget to yawn after the process.

Last edited by osaka35,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Basically this morning when I woke up I randomly had plugged ears and it usually goes away but I've had it for the first quarter of the day it got better and then again it got plugged. The way I cleared it the first time was by plugging my ears and swallowing but it doesn't seem to work this time and I have tried yawning and I am chewing gum right now. Btw it's just my left ear and I am pretty sure I do not have an infection. Any ideas or suggestions????
Do not use Q-tips like some people suggested, you'll just push the earwax further into your ear canal and make the problem worse. Just wait for it to go away on its own, I don't think there is much you can do about it, at least I haven't found a solution. There are other ways to clean your ear canal that don't involve Q-tips and they work better but I'm not sure if you can do them at home yourself, I know doctors have a good method to clean ears though.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
Doctors will just tell you to put a few drops of olive oil in your ear to soften all the wax and they will syringe your ears after.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do not use Q-tips like some people suggested, you'll just push the earwax further into your ear canal and make the problem worse. Just wait for it to go away on its own, I don't think there is much you can do about it, at least I haven't found a solution. There are other ways to clean your ear canal that don't involve Q-tips and they work better but I'm not sure if you can do them at home yourself, I know doctors have a good method to clean ears though.
this... i have a friend that badly used q tips.. now every 6 months he must see a doctor to clean the canal (it creates too much wax now) and he is kinda deaf...

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
>here's that person that says that you should see and ask\talk with a doctor, since you CAN damage or infect your ear canal by not using the correct and good methods<
Thank you. Such self treatments can go wrong. And I mean really wrong.

Go. to. a. doctor.

Reactions: osaka35

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since we're on the subject of ears. I remember back in 2010, my ears became plugged with too much wax. I tried to use a qtip, and I pushed the earwax farther back, causing me to lose around 80% of my hearing. It was hell, I hated hearing my own voice, and I got disoriented easily. You never really appreciate your hearing until you lose it temporary.

Anyway, I ended up going to the hospital after those wax remover kits failed. The nurse there flushed out my ears, it felt so damn good and relaxing, like holy shit, it felt amazing. And when she flushed it out, everything suddenly was LOUD as fuck, and I could hear waterfalls for some reason. I was so damn happy to have both of my ears working once again! :D

Sorry about the wall of text, this thread just reminded me of that time! :P

Had that happen before, but ended up using 3% hydrogen peroxide and water to flush out the offending wax. Crazy, it was the size of my pinky nail. No wonder I couldn't hear anything.

Now I don't use cotton buds to clean my ears, but usually flood my ear with hydrogen peroxide (It will sting a little, but you'd hear it bubbling up your wax...when it stops, flush it out with water.)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always clean my ears every 2-3 days. It didn't showing dirty at all. So its best to clean your ears all the time. I cannot understand some people whom I knew didn't cleaned their ears after 5 days and I can see their wax in their ears. Yucky! Anyway, I am too fussy.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had that happen before, but ended up using 3% hydrogen peroxide and water to flush out the offending wax. Crazy, it was the size of my pinky nail. No wonder I couldn't hear anything.

Now I don't use cotton buds to clean my ears, but usually flood my ear with hydrogen peroxide (It will sting a little, but you'd hear it bubbling up your wax...when it stops, flush it out with water.)
Yeah, I remember when I was leaving the hospital, my ear felt like something was on it, I go to check, and on the outside of my ear there was a big ass chunk of wax, which shocked and disgusted me.

But yea, two odd things that feel amazing, getting your teeth cleaned by a Dentist, and getting your ears flushed at the hospital!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all