Hacking How can I check if I have a MCU brick?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These type of bricks you are calli

umm, I also had talks with Plailect, and what? Do you think everything he says is true? Just go and Ask Yellows8, He is the one who messed with it and accidentaly fried his MCU Firmware, and that then caused the 3DS-LED-Phobia were noone wanted to change anything on the LED's judt downgrade and use MarcuzD's "MCU Bricker" to change the LED's and then, wow nothing is going to happen.
Then show a quote of them saying as such. Should be easy, right? I seriously don't understand how you don't get how proving someone wrong works... No, I don't think Plailect is a perfect being that never says anything wrong. I do, however, know who they are, and have no clue who you are. I have never heard Plailect, nor Yellows8 say what you're claiming, and am asking you to show me them saying as such if what you claim is true. I'm not making a Twitter account for the sole purpose of asking him myself, over a claim I don't even believe. You're making the claim, you show me the proof. I'm not going to believe you just because you say so. That's not how the internet works.

That's far from proof, rather it's appeal to authority - and just because person X wrote about something called "MCU brick" (almost a year ago, too) does not guarantee they were talking about what someone else calls "MCU brick", especially given how underresearched and vague is the item of interest
This is true, and I'm asking them to show me otherwise. Seems reasonable to me. Just telling me "This is how it is because I say so," is not a good way to prove a point on the internet.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is also EXACTLY what happened back when you needed to downgrade to 2.1.0.
nope. you can recover this. It is confirmed that this is not an MCU brick. You should ask some devs because this fear wave is still everywhere like the unbanmii thing, like that's all such a mess. @MadMageKefka @NicknameGoesHere show me proof of a MCU brick. Show me a console that is rendered useless by messing with led's or sleep mode. show me how you cannot recover the system without having to replace the MCU chip. Show me the intact MCU Firmware. Where is your proof? hm?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. you can recover this. It is confirmed that this is not an MCU brick. You should ask some devs because this fear wave is still everywhere like the unbanmii thing, like that's all such a mess. @MadMageKefka @NicknameGoesHere show me proof of a MCU brick. Show me a console that is rendered useless by messing with led's or sleep mode. show me how you cannot recover the system without having to replace the MCU chip. Show me the intact MCU Firmware. Where is your proof? hm?
How can I possibly prove that? Do it to a console myself and send it to you? Just screenshot a quote saying MCU bricks can't happen from either LED tampering on low firmwares, N3DS sleep mode on 2.1.0, or both. How hard could that possibly be assuming you are correct? Are you telling me both people NEVER corrected themselves online? You said you had a conversation with Plailect yourself over this. Do you not still have it? Show me literally anything from any well known source.

EDIT: Do you want me to link you a thread here where someone got a brick from either of these and couldn't recover it? Would that be proof? I seriously don't know what you're expecting....

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I possibly prove that? Do it to a console myself and send it to you? Just screenshot a quote saying MCU bricks can't happen from either LED tampering on low firmwares, N3DS sleep mode on 2.1.0, or both. How hard could that possibly be assuming you are correct? Are you telling me both people NEVER corrected themselves online? You said you had a conversation with Plailect yourself over this. Do you not still have it? Show me literally anything from any well known source.
I said I also had talks with plailect, im terms of you using a quote of him as "proof" that MCU bricks exist. I had a talk with Sono (MarcuzD or whatever al his Nicknames are nowadays) who has been talking to yellows8 a lot. Hit him up on Discord to prove my Story. Username:
@ソノちゃん#1266

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I said I also had talks with plailect, im terms of you using a quote of him as "proof" that MCU bricks exist. I had a talk with Sono (MarcuzD or whatever al his Nicknames are nowadays) who has been talking to yellows8 a lot. Hit him up on Discord to prove my Story. Username:
@ソノちゃん#1266
Why is your username in Japanese? Are you from Japan?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ソノちゃん#1266
omg dude..... DO IT YOUR FUCKING SELF AND PUT IT HERE. lol. I just give up with you. You seriously expect me to go contact yellows8 with "Umm, excuse me, sir, but some random guy on GBAtemp told me some stuff. Can you confirm it for me?" Since you have friends so close to him, why not just ask him to say "MCU bricks are impossible" and post it here? Shouldn't be hard with your connections, right?

Look, in an argument, you are required to provide evidence to your claims. I, as someone who doesn't understand the technical aspects of how these things work, said that any credible source I know of has said that MCU bricks can happen in a few ways. I provided evidence by showing a quote from one of those sources. You said that was outdated and that the information has since been disproved by Yellows8. I asked you to show me him saying as such, and you demanded I show proof of an MCU brick existing. Now, I can link you a thread here of people who bricked in that fashion and weren't able to recover, but that doesn't really prove that it was specifically a MCU brick. Assuming you won't accept that as proof, then you are using a logical fallacy known as "appeal to lack of evidence." You are saying that because I can not prove what I claim (and don't even understand) it must be false. That does not work. As the person making a contradictory claim in an argument, YOU are responsible for providing the evidence, not me. Either do so, or shut the hell up and move on, because repeatedly demanding the same thing is NOT going to change my mind.

I literally can not explain my logic to you any better than this. The fact that I have to explain how proving someone wrong works is beyond me. You are either a fantastic troll, or a complete idiot.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread would be quite entertaining, had I not been so damn sleepy. Here's a hint: It is 100% IMPOSSIBLE to "prove" that something CAN'T be done. You can only prove that it CAN be done.
I didn't ask him to prove it can't be done, I asked him to prove that Yellows8 said it can't, like he's claiming he did....

Mazamin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IDK if MCU bricks exist or not, but I suppose that if I won't be able to fix my new 3ds, it could be an MCU brick. (maybe a real proof)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it isn't the MCU try ntrboothax if it isn't an MCU then it should work ask ppl in the forum in the EU for a free ntrboothax service i'd search the trade forum

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just came here to say that the MCU SoC busses are directly related to the camera hardware among other things (Wi-Fi switch, Home Button, volume slider etc) which can be triggered to fail by a broken or disconnected ribbon cable from the camera. This is the second time I've seen an issue similar to this; so I would most definitely open the chassis and check your cables.

That said the "MCU" brick is relative of the console being stuck in sleep mode, which really isn't a "true" brick. It just keep attempting to use commands that confuse the MCU so it attempts to load, can't, restarts and tries the same thing again; leaving it in a permanent bootloop. As such, I have yet to see anyone recover from the console's erratic MCU patterns, which furthers the assumption that they aren't repairable without a fresh motherboard.

Also, have you never been to court @addi33 , because the burden of proof is always on the accuser, not the accused. it is 100% your responsibility to prove these bricks are non-existent or reversible since that's the counterclaim you made, against verifiable evidence towards the opposite. If someone just calls the police on me and says I attacked them, they have to prove it even happened before they cart me off to jail; they don't arrest me until I can prove I didn't commit the crime without empirical evidence.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it is a hardware thing like mentioned above it should make a click noise when it shuts off, and you might get it to turn on by having the lid only slightly open.
My o3ds doesn’t make a sound when it shuts off. Ntrhack isn’t working either. I think the ribbon cable to the top screen is broken. The popping sound should happen but it doesn’t

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get a mod to close this thread or something? I seriously don't believe that there is a point in arguing about if MCU bricks are possible or not, rather than solving the issue at hand. In fact, I still don't understand WHY everyone is arguing about whether MCU bricks are possible or not. In my opinion, they are possible, but very unlikely unless you purposely damage the MCU in some way, such as sending incorrect commands through the i2c to the MCU, and causing a intentional brick. In my opinion, Just post a video of your 3ds and attempt to power it on. Show the LED indicators and then we'll have somewhere to start and conclude if it can be recovered.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if the LED flashes then the 3ds shuts off, its recoverable by NTRBooting a hacked cartridge, and maybe installing b9s over whatever was there originally, then CTR transfer a working nand image, such as a 11.3 ctr transfer image, or later.

Last edited by PixelTheKWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: females don't exist