Homebrew How can I change my OT name in Ultra Sun & Moon and not get a Game Sync fail message?

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello ~

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, I just can't seem to find much clear info on this.

I wanna change my OT's name in Ultra Moon, but I messed up and set up Game Sync too early. I know just changing the name won't do it, but I don't exactly know *what* I have to change in order to make it work (if it's at all possible).

After deleting the current game sync profile on the website, what do I have to do? Is it even possible or am I bound to this save's data?

Thanks for any help ~

Edit: solved.

Last edited by IggyJet,

Metalchilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can use pkhex to do that.
Also, about the game sync thing, I'm not entirely sure, but there's a specific number that is bound to your data that you can find in your trainer profile. I believe you can change that too in pkhex but wouldn't recommend it

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe you can use pkhex to do that.
Also, about the game sync thing, I'm not entirely sure, but there's a specific number that is bound to your data that you can find in your trainer profile. I believe you can change that too in pkhex but wouldn't recommend it

Yeah, I just don't know how I go about changing the values or how they would affect my save file. I mean, if it's even possible to change the OT name and still be able to register a new game sync code or something.

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you should change the tid sid. name doesn't matter

Do you know if I have to wait for the current profile to be deleted from the website to make it work? I haven't been having any luck with this and I'm not sure if it's because of that.

I created a new save and after I got access to the Plaza, I changed the info of my old save with the new save (name, TID, SID and Game Sync ID code). No luck, it says the new Game Sync code is invalid. After some research I saw someone saying I should've given the new save my old save info (TID and SID) and then get the new Game Sync code to switch up with the old one. I did that as well and I still get the same message when I try to register the new Game Sync ID.

Am I missing something? :(

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you know if I have to wait for the current profile to be deleted from the website to make it work? I haven't been having any luck with this and I'm not sure if it's because of that.

I created a new save and after I got access to the Plaza, I changed the info of my old save with the new save (name, TID, SID and Game Sync ID code). No luck, it says the new Game Sync code is invalid. After some research I saw someone saying I should've given the new save my old save info (TID and SID) and then get the new Game Sync code to switch up with the old one. I did that as well and I still get the same message when I try to register the new Game Sync ID.

Am I missing something? :(
idk how u did. i have done multiple times back in gen6 without any problem..

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't pay attention to the PGL site saying I can only register 1 copy of each game and luckily my old Game Sync ID was deleted today after queuing it for removal last Sunday. I was also missing a crucial step which was actually getting a Game Sync on the new save, opposed to what someone had said that you just had to go online to get the code from your save file. The game does generate a new code without a Game Sync just by going online but you won't be able to register it with the old game. I guess I misunderstood that part.

So here's what I did to get it working:

-> Delete your current Game Sync profile (can take up to a week and all your online data/records will be gone for good)
-> Back up and export current/original save with JKSM (keep a clean copy somewhere else in case something goes wrong).
-> Reset the game and get access to Festival Plaza (1st Pokémon Center).
-> Back up and export the new save before going online (it's a good idea to keep a clean copy of this save somewhere else in case you need a clean save in the future)
-> Open the new save with PkHex, change OT's name and swap the new save's TID and SID for the old ones (original save).
-> Import the new save file with the edited information, go online, get a Game Sync and register that game on PGL.
-> Export the new save again
-> Open the original save, put in the new name and the new Game Sync ID code generated from the new save under the tab SAV.
-> Import the original save with the new info.
-> Wait a bit to be able to get a Game Sync going and voilà.

Now I'm waiting to see if PGL will catch that and ban me from using some of the online features. I'll update this post in case it happens.

@mods apologies if this sort of instructions aren't allowed here, feel free to delete the entire thread if it's not allowed.

Last edited by IggyJet,
Reactions: NotABot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.