Hacking How Can I Buy A WiiWare Game From The Japanese Store?

SteamyJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I've seen a few threads on this but they seemed a little outdated in info, so I wanted to ask here. I own a Wii and a Wii U (just for reference) and I want to buy Bomberman Blast from the Japanese WiiWare store. Why you may ask? Because the Japanese version has a story mode in it that was removed in the US version. I'm a big Bomberman fan and would love to record and document it for a fan site.

Anywho, I've read about changing the region and downloading a hack to do so. Is it still possible to this day and how do I pay for it? Can I use an American credit card or do I need to order points online somehow?

Thanks for any info you can share.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am not sure how it works now, but I saw someone asking the same question 2 years ago. The only answer they got was "You can't. Just pirate it.".

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I've seen a few threads on this but they seemed a little outdated in info, so I wanted to ask here. I own a Wii and a Wii U (just for reference) and I want to buy Bomberman Blast from the Japanese WiiWare store. Why you may ask? Because the Japanese version has a story mode in it that was removed in the US version. I'm a big Bomberman fan and would love to record and document it for a fan site.

Anywho, I've read about changing the region and downloading a hack to do so. Is it still possible to this day and how do I pay for it? Can I use an American credit card or do I need to order points online somehow?

Thanks for any info you can share.
Just a small question, do you have it softmoded? if yes why not just use Nus downloader?

SteamyJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

@ScarletDreamz: No I do not have it softmoded. Using this Nus downloader, would that allow me to get the game or do I still have to pay for it? I'm not familiar with that procedure.

@SuperrSonic: After setting the shop to what I want, can I still buy the game using an American credit card? Is it particular about regions like that?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

@ScarletDreamz: No I do not have it softmoded. Using this Nus downloader, would that allow me to get the game or do I still have to pay for it? I'm not familiar with that procedure.

@SuperrSonic: After setting the shop to what I want, can I still buy the game using an American credit card? Is it particular about regions like that?
You can try this:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/setmiiup-from-stock-to-latest-softmod-in-less-then-5-10-minutes.459416/

Once you got it softmoded you can use nus downloaded to download the title, pack it as a wad and install it, or you can use region changer, but for that, you need to be softmoded.

SteamyJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Does this setmiiup thing include the Nus downloader? With the downloaded can I get the JP version of Bomberman Blast?

Sorry for all the questions, just new to all this.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can try this:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/setmiiup-from-stock-to-latest-softmod-in-less-then-5-10-minutes.459416/

Once you got it softmoded you can use nus downloaded to download the title, pack it as a wad and install it, or you can use region changer, but for that, you need to be softmoded.

I'm sorry for invading the thread, but how do you install the wads? I know how to use NUS downloader and I've installed some wads through wad manager but those were for USB loading purposes.
I want to know how to just install games :s It seems a bit complicated.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for invading the thread, but how do you install the wads? I know how to use NUS downloader and I've installed some wads through wad manager but those were for USB loading purposes.
I want to know how to just install games :s It seems a bit complicated.
You can use MultiModManager, You can download it and use it, or if you use SetMiiUp or ModMii they will download it for you.

Reactions: Pacheko17

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a ticket file to be able to decrypt the title files from the update server. Those are on NUS for the IOSes and regular channels but for many of them the shop channel downloads those from a different system when you make a purchase (even if it's a 0 point title.)

SteamyJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess at this point I'm a little overwhelmed with options. How about a short list of what my options are in steps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr