Hacking How can I boot an A9LH 3DS without CFW?

orochi115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
After installing A9LH, I have to choose an arm9loaderhax.bin from CFW, to boot my 3DS.
Is there a way to boot 3DS without any CFW patches? Or with only FIRM protection?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing A9LH, I have to choose an arm9loaderhax.bin from CFW, to boot my 3DS.
Is there a way to boot 3DS without any CFW patches? Or with only FIRM protection?
No. But you can install the A9LH version that can boot without an sd. That's the closest you can get. Without going back to stock anyway, but who would want to do that? #A9LHMasterRace

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You have two options
ShadowNAND
and
Unnamed A9LH commit

Both function the same way, basically installing a mini-CFW to your NAND, allowing you to boot without the arm9loaderhax.bin. They really only have FIRM protection and signature patches.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. But you can install the A9LH version that can boot without an sd. That's the closest you can get. Without going back to stock anyway, but who would want to do that? #A9LHMasterRace

Even when you boot without an SD card, you're running a mini CFW payload (installed to NAND). So once A9LH is installed, you can't escape CFW!

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when you boot without an SD card, you're running a mini CFW payload. So once A9LH is installed, you can't escape CFW!
I know, but he wanted to use something without the arm9loaderhax.bin. Booting with an sd is the closest you can get without going back to stock. But, that's true! CFW shall follow you always when you have A9LH installed. [emoji14]

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

orochi115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thank you very much for your help!
One more question: If I go back to stock, which system version is the highest that I can install A9LH back without downgrading? (I already got my OTP.bin)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you very much for your help!
One more question: If I go back to stock, which system version is the highest that I can install A9LH back without downgrading? (I already got my OTP.bin)
If you already have your OTP, then you just need your system on 9.0/9.2 to be able to re-install A9LH. Anything higher will require a downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: