How can I and what do I need to translate ps2 games?

Exexd123pro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello I hope you are well first I am 14 years old and I am very interested in learning or knowing how Ps2 games are translated because obviously programming, programs, guides or some other idea is needed I also know that the files may not be the same in all same games (file format) or to what extent the games are extracted, it would help me a lot if you gave me an idea of what it is like.

How Could It Start?
Do I just need a PC or a ps2?

I would like to Translate into Spanish Grandia II for ps2 (USA version)

I hope nobody makes fun of it x, D apart this is my first post thank you very much for reading :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, for something like the PS2, it's not as sample as "get tool, extract text, translate, shove it back in", it's a lot more complex than that. There are no "guides" or walkthroughs, 99% of the time, you're going to need tools made specifically for the game you want to translate (of which none exist for Grandia II on PS2, checking around), skills and knowledge to be able to reverse engineer parts of the game to figure out which code does what and which is text and whether changing something will break something else and whether you'll need to modify other parts of the game's code because the text files might be different sizes etc etc.

Honestly, it's one of those cases where if you have to ask, you probably won't be able to do it. This isn't something you can learn and finish in a month or two, this would be a multiple years long endeavor to translate a game, especially an RPG, from one language to another. I would suggest you check the Romhacking.net forums if you want to find some more information on game translations. https://www.romhacking.net/forum/ <

As a side note, please try to avoid formatting posts like that, it's an eyesore to read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat