1. AndyGJorgensen

OP AndyGJorgensen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been trying to play local multiplayer minecraft on 3 switchs mine and my 2 kids. I am unable to join local multiplayer since it appears that I need to have Nintendo linked profiles with all 3 switches and all 3 accounts to already have friends setup in the profiles. Does this sound correct? If true I should be able to restore Nands that I made before CFW (I have since stayed offline)

Questions I have if I am to restore nands
    • can you create a Linked profile and add friends without updating? (Answered must be on current firmware to link an account)
    • I should be able to backup all saves and restore with CheckPoint
    • My nand backups are Rawnand only not boot0/1 do I need these and can I back them up now and use them with on older rawnand on same firmware version (Answered see first reply for details)
    • 1 of the switches is on 4.1 that already had a linked account can I add friends to this switch without updating?

The steps I believe I would need to take would be
    1. backup all saves via Checkpoint
    2. restore rawnand
    3. create linked profiles and add friends to all three profiles with all 3 switches (hopefully while not updating
    4. restore DNS update blocking
    5. reinstall backups/updates installed after my rawnand was made
    6. restore saves
    7. wonder if this was really worth it when I get to this point lol

Last edited by AndyGJorgensen, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Your firmware needs to be on 6.0 at least in order to be able to link a Nintendo Account to your console after you restore the rawnand. However if you do not have the boot0/boot1 of the accompanying rawnand, then you will be unable to restore your rawnand unless the firmware of your rawnand matches your boot0/boot1 since these are firmware-specific.

AndyGJorgensen likes this.
  3. AndyGJorgensen

OP AndyGJorgensen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have not updated my firmware since I made the rawnand so using a boot 0/1 dump that I created at a later date will work thanks Draxzelex. Now do I really need to restore my boot0/1 since I am not changing firmware versions? Now I need to decide if I want to update from 4.1 to current I was thinking of doing this anyways to play some of the newer games but wasn't planning on burning fuses but it looks like I may have to burn them if I want to play local minecraft

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    At the very least, you should make a backup of your boot0/boot1 since these are currently irretrievable.

AndyGJorgensen likes this.
  5. AndyGJorgensen

OP AndyGJorgensen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have current backups of boot and rawnand made together but I made them later after using CFW. When I made my first pre CFW rawnand backup the Tutorial I used didn't say anything about boot0/1. Does anyone know if I can add friends to the switch that already has a linked account on firmware 4.1 without updating?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - friends,