Hacking How can anyone be okay with Gateway's behavior?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
None.
It might be morally dicey.

r4i is just a parasite anyway.

There is only one product. Saving a few bucks to get your 3DS bricked is a bad idea.
I've been seeing reports of legit gateway users also getting bricked. Glad I made the choice to stay legit. (no flashcart) if later a free solution comes great, if not I'll continue to purchase my games.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
added the important part.

duuhh there all illegal...

None of us are innocent, we're all using the card to pirate software that IS copyrighted. Like I said, the sense of entitlement is amazing.

ha thats a laugh since when does a illegal product have copyrights? contradictio in terminis...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duuhh there all illegal...

ha thats a laugh since when does a illegal product have copyrights? contradictio in terminis...

He's saying the games you boot up through gateway (that you've likely downloaded a copy of online) are copyright, not the gateway.

Anyway, I held off on Gateway as it was so new, and the clones quickly made me wary. I can't believe Gateway would add such destructive features to their software just to attack clones, when the feature has already affected genuine users of their product. Now, I have no faith in any of the cards on the market, and don't know how I can in any future carts. Point is, I'm glad I never bought a 3DS flashcart, and at this point I never intend to buy one. Maybe I'll get a regular DS flashcart so I can play some emulators and a few of my favorite unowned DS games. I'll just purchase all my 3DS games as I had been anyway.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's saying the games you boot up through gateway (that you've likely downloaded a copy of online) are copyright, not the gateway.

Anyway, I held off on Gateway as it was so new, and the clones quickly made me wary. I can't believe Gateway would add such destructive features to their software just to attack clones, when the feature has already affected genuine users of their product. Now, I have no faith in any of the cards on the market, and don't know how I can in any future carts. Point is, I'm glad I never bought a 3DS flashcart, and at this point I never intend to buy one. Maybe I'll get a regular DS flashcart so I can play some emulators and a few of my favorite unowned DS games. I'll just purchase all my 3DS games as I had been anyway.

I am loving my DS2. There is some really descent homebrew. It would be nice if Nintendo offered their entire catalog in the eshop, but they do not, and the emulator homebrew helps fill the gap.

Right now, there is no homebrew for the 3DS. The flashcarts are pretty much just used for piracy. Unlike many DS games, which are no longer being manufactured, most 3DS games are still being sold and marketed.

Gateway is a company that gets nearly 100% of its revenue from enabling piracy. Maybe the fact that they are now including malicious code in their products might be enough for the authorities in whatever third world hell-hole they operate out of to take action. . . well, one can hope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded