Hacking How Can a Custom 3DS Theme Work on a N3DS?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a method to convert CIA themes or CIA packed themes to be used with chm. There is a tutorial on that famous iso site's homebrew section.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a method to convert CIA themes or CIA packed themes to be used with chm. There is a tutorial on that famous iso site's homebrew section.
I have downloaded a 3ds theme that is not a cia, but can I convert it to a cia?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded a 3ds theme that is not a cia, but can I convert it to a cia?

I think with Custom Theme Tools you can. I haven't personally tried it but I know it has the function to do so. Anyone who has done it can confirm? Also I heard YATA is better than Custom Theme Tools but I don't know if it has the function to convert custom themes to cia. Again some confirmation from someone who has tried would be appreciated.

Edit : btw my answer was for emuNAND not sysNAND.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Really? I haven't had any success trying that with the exact same theme that I use on my O3DS. The custom sound is played just fine but the images don't change

I have mixed success applying themes on my New. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've only used Cubic Ninja to install themes in the past. It worked most all of the time if I power cycled the New 3DS first. Also when transferring the theme data via FTP it was important that I closed my FTP client before the 3DS' FTP server.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)