Gaming how are you playing DK, Mario and similar games ?

layyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Am not sure about right title, but am wondering, how are gamer majority playing these platforming games, i have seen a lot of fast speed walkthrougts, some people playing carefully and slow.

I love these games from times of 386 pc, but still its hard to make a lot of levels for me. New super mario and mario 3d land was easy enought, but for example DK is fu**ing hard for me, a lot of leveles i had to play 10-15x, mine cart driving where everything must be done with time precision is nightmare for me. I like to have a lot of time and do everything with fine slower speed :)

Nintendo games looks like a lot harder then games for Vita and complete playstation devices.

Am I forever-noob :D ? Are these games really challenging for a lot of people :) ?

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For me every game is challenging when I'm not used to controls. The longer You play the game, the better You become, but obviously levels beome harder as well. I don't know which DK game are You talking about, but I've played Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and some levels were quite challenging. My record was I guess 20 baloons spent on one level. And I actually like the fact that the game gives me challenge.
I like playing with an emphasis on exploration and collecting everything on my 1st-2nd playthrough. Then I usually become so good at the game , and I have already collected everything, that I'm just playing it for fun, blasting through all the levels very quickly. Speed gives me additional challenge.
I like both styles of games - fast and slow paced. If You like having a lot of time to play a level I'd reccomend You f.e. Yoshi's Island series, where You can take your time exploring.
I haven't played any platformer for Vita unfortunately, but I cannot recall any 1st party game for Playstation console that could be comparable to those ( 2D platformer ) apart from LittleBigPlanet, which seems to be art-oriented game, and It looked slow-paced. Donkey Kong series is known for it's difficulty, so I'm glad they stuck to that and still produce challenging games. I agree that some Nintendo games are hard, but it's not always the case... Look at NSMB2 for example. It's easy as balls :|
So yeah tl/dr - I enjoy getting my ass kicked and I like hard platformers.

layyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yoshis Island for 3ds was nice relaxing game ;) DK country returns is what i spoke about, sometimes its so hard but next level is easy and its fine again :)

Little big planet is the best for psp and vita, then some rabbid ( forgot the name)

3ds games gives me much more playtime then for another portable consoles :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like playing slow & careful, to fully explore the level. Tho if there's an incentive to get a good time, I might speed through it again straight after.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Speed run whenever I can.
I hate going too slow in a game.
I also really love to abuse glitches. Makes speedrunning that much more rewarding when you beat your old time by a minute at least (Sonic Generations' Speed Highway glitch comes to mind).
Maybe that's why I love games where speed is your goal (Sonic games, Mirror's Edge and Mario to a certain extent).

layyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am admiring people which can beat sonic, itc nice game but its needed to be very fast reactive :) oooh mirrors edge, very special one, like it but, after not so long time am getting simulator sickness :/

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I find myself playing the newer games less.

I find it hard to get into when everything is so direct and linear. There's no discovery, just going through the motions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey