GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to know KiVan? I doubt it. I mean what are the requirements? Are there age limits, etc. Or does it depend on how long you've been here? How long you come here each day? I'd like to be a support crew memeber at least. *shrugs*
wink.gif

P.S. What are the differences beteween?
Moderators
Support Crew
Admins
Global Moderators
(am I missing any)

Edit: Should'nt Adim and Supervisors be a different color, to show supremacy?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moderators: Have power over a couple of sections.
Support Crew: Have access to a special section to give ideas.
Admins: Ultimate power. Can do anything.
Global Moderators: Has power over all sections.
Supervisors: One step below admin, just a couple less powers.

You have to be a member who gives to the community, sets a good example as a member, has proven himself/herself many times, etc...

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In approximate level of influence:
Banned > Suspended >> Members > Support Crew > Moderators > Global Moderators > Supervisors > Admin, with Validating somewhere in limbo.

It's not a promotional chain, for instance -- I think I'm the only staffer to have his name in every color above (Orange was the old Magazine Staff group color before that was disbanded), and we've got a lot of staff.

We select members for the support crew based on how dedicated to the community they are, and if they set a good example (amongst other things, but that's the basics). Responsibility and trustworthiness, along with dependability and availability, dictate the other positions.

Roughly. We try not to shuffle stuff around too much, since that causes inevitable confusion. Still, we try not to be TOO static, since any healthy organization needs change periodically.

By the way, asking to be part of the staff isn't a winning strategy. Typically, those who do not want power are those who can be trusted most with it.

Hope that explains some stuff. If you still have questions, we're happy to help.

-Tempest out.-

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
To become apart of the staff here you cannot commit comic mischief on a regular basis.
comic mischief within reason
smile.gif
Although I don't think I'd trust Cruddybuddy as an Admin
huh.gif

As tempest said: The best way to get on the gbatemp staff is to never ask to be on the staff, you'll be contacted. If you've asked to be on the staff you've already done something wrong.

Being on the staff requires regular commitment, as i'm sure myself and many of the other staff can tell you. It's quite a strain.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys I just wanted to know how Mods were chosen. When the heck did I say, "OMFG CAN I BE A MOD PLZ???????"

Oh yeah CruddyBuddy: Dice was being sarcastic. His sig's a joke. When was Shaun gone? He's still here.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys I just wanted to know how Mods were chosen. When the heck did I say, "OMFG CAN I BE A MOD PLZ???????"
I dont think that any of them said that you said "OMFG CAN I BE A MOD PLZ???????".

This is just my opinion, but I don't think ppl in any of those positions flip out at the drop of a hat.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"like" and "want" are two completely different things.
Edit: none of this really matters, because I would never be offered an oppurtunity here. *cries*

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The context you used the word "like" in could be defined as that you already were in that state of power, or you wanted to be in that state.

ZeminkoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had a lot of experience as a staffer on other boards, and I've been the main Admin many times. The biggest tip I can give to people wanting to be a staffer - is to not ask for it. You will be denied.

Believe it or not, staff members will notice a promising and worthy member when they see one, the staff don't go about the forum with their eyes closed. That doesn't mean it you're promising and worthy that you'll be promoted though, 'cause it all depends on position vacancies.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.