How accurate/responsive is wiimote?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by khan, Nov 24, 2006.

Nov 24, 2006
  1. khan
    OP

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    Hi all, Sorry if already discussed. I am wondering if there is any lag between you waving the wiimote around and something happing on the screen in actual games?

I am assuming that menu will be 100% responsive but how does it fare in games?

Thank you

2. Mystic-Homer

Member Mystic-Homer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hm, I guess there's some slight lag - Like in Zelda, when you're using a menu or even when you're waving the gay fairy around...

It's nothing that takes away from the game too much... And you can even turn the pointer off completely, 'cause it's not really needed [​IMG]

As far as anything in Wii Sports, it's quite accurate/responsive as long as you stay within the limits of the sensor bar... Haven't noticed anything glaring though, really [​IMG]

[Edit] After thinking about it a bit, it might just be the game you're playing... So maybe software adds to it too, and not just the hardware.

3. Mr.Dilf Sir

Newcomer Mr.Dilf Sir Member

United Kingdom
    Well it has been said that when your Playing Zelda it has like half a second delay in you finishing the gesture to him actually doing it on screen. When really you shouldn't notice it or care when you in the heat of a battle (as I didn't notice or care), probably you will only notice it if your looking out for it, if not even with the delay about it doesn't really matter or lessen the experience. [​IMG]

4. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    It seems to depend on the game. For example, in Zelda, there's a slight delay. But it's only about a fourth of a second, so it doesn't really matter for Zelda. In Rayman, though, it has almost no lag at all. I'd imagine that any FPS would also have no lag.

What is nice, though, is the fact that it is as smooth as can be. With a mouse, the cursor moves in pixels. Move the mouse slowly, if you don't know what I mean. With the wiimote, though, it's a perfectly smooth motion. Aiming the bow in Zelda is amazing. If something is REALLY far away, you can still nail them with pinpoint accuracy because of how smooth the fine movement is.

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I don't notice any lag in any game that takes away from the gameplay.

6. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  7. Gilrad

Gilrad Newbie

There's a tremendous amount in the wii menus (at least, by my standards), and in playing Zelda, the lag is a little bit better. I really hope people are correct in saying there are games with virtually no lag, as the delay really takes away from the accuracy of the pointer.

8. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    The wiimote have a tiny cam build in, that point to the sensor bar like the IR.

it might lag if the room far too bright..

I think you can cheak this on the wii console went you test the sensor bar with your wiimote. you'll see a bright white dot in your screen which is your wiimote, if you moving the wiimote around you can tell how clear to repond back to your sensor bar

if your room too bright it harder to see your white sensor dot on the screen and it might cause lag.

I haven't got a wii yet....