Homebrew How Accurate is FCEU GX?

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya. I'm using the latest version of FCEU on my Wii (3.3.4, I think!) and I'm having fun with quite a few games.

I only owned a NES for a short while a very long time ago so I'm not that familiar with it. After playing with the emu on my Wii for a bit it made me wonder just how accurate the emulation is... personally, I've no idea!

So, out of curiosity, I thought I'd ask you lot for your opinions.

I'm not looking to troll or cause contention. Just curious. :)

coldadkop

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
tengen tetris runs very slow in nestopia and the other libretro nes cores, fceugx and wiimednafen do not have this problem, so there's that

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To answer the question more broadly, FCEU in general doesn't really hold a candle to emulators such as Nestopia and Nintendulator (the latter of which is the most accurate of them all, as far as I know, and only available on PC; the Wii would be much too slow to run Nintendulator, methinks) in terms of accuracy.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Some emulators try for accuracy, some lean more towards compatibility, and some aim for both. I personally use FCEU GX on my Wii without ANY issues whatsoever for all the first-party games I enjoy, like all the Mario games, Tetris, Excitebike, Donkey Kong, Pinball, etc. I don't have too much experience with many third-party titles, but the ones that I HAVE played run great:

Bases Loaded 1, 2, 3, and 4, Duck Tales, Paperboy, Pacman, G.I. Joe, Kung Fu, DigDug 1 and 2, Crystalis, and Deja Vu 1.

The one problematic game I have found that suffers from TERRIBLE sprite flickering and noticable slowdown is Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. There might be some video settings I have missed to fix it, but I didn't spend much time playing it, I turned it off.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
tengen tetris runs very slow in nestopia and the other libretro nes cores, fceugx and wiimednafen do not have this problem, so there's that

I guess you have a bad rom or wrong configurations because Tengen Tetris works pretty flawless with Nestopia. Control wise it feels more responsive, but hey, both emulators are great. FCEU GX it's more user friendly and has zapper support via IR, while Nestopia is more CPU accurate and has better Famicom Disk emulation. Best of both worlds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol