How about new Nintendo IPs only for the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Amiable-Akuma, May 23, 2007.

1. Amiable-Akuma
    OP

Newcomer Amiable-Akuma Member

United States
    Who else thinks that Nintendo should start focusing practically only on creating new IPs, new orginal games and characters for the Wii? I do...

Everybody always asks what about F-Zero for the Wii or what about Mario Kart for the Wii, etc. Well, that's all well and good but since the Wii basically has the Gamecube's graphics - we've essentially already seen these titles.

I think Retro should focus on new IPs now that they are done with Metriod 3 and I think Nintendo should rehash less and try to come up with new characters, perhaps more mature ones that could maybe compete with Master Chief, etc for all the love of the adult mainstream.

What do you think?

2. Souldragon

Member Souldragon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This what I think.. First of all why does nintendo have to come up with new characters.. Mario can kick Master Chief ass any time.. Second isn't Samus and Metriod 3 series are for the adult mainstream?...

And finally there no proof that Wii has gamecube's graphics since most the 3rd party dev are doing a half ass job on their games for the wii and wii isn't even in it's first year life term so it's hard to judge how wii games will look like graphic wise or gameplay wise next year and beyond..

3. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    New IPs are risky in this business, not many succeed.
    Nintendo will start new IPs with the Wii so don't worry about that.

4. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I think it's kinda trollish to say this. Nintendo came up with tons of new IPs for the DS (some dog game geared at little girls? some brain game for old people? never heard of those?), don't you think they're likely to come up with *some* new stuff on the wii?

Sidenote : The halo 3 beta is disappointing so far. Same old, same old. Ohh, shiny graphics. Boooooooooring.

5. qusai

Member qusai GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What about Project HAMMER?
    That's a new IP and I'd say that game is for more mature gamers then anything else..

6. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Excite Truck is CLOSE to a new IP.

Nintendo will surely bring out some new IPs as well as sequels to it's current ones. Keep in mind, it's not like they have told us about every single game they are working on. As previously mentioned, DS has had it's fair share of new titles and Wii will likely be no exception.

And about the Halo 3 Beta, yeah it is pretty much the same old, same old. But it's more refined and balanced I gotta say. Plus the equipment adds a nice extra layer of strategy. I'll be playing the Beta and the final game for a good while... or at least till Unreal Tournament 3. Here's hoping UT3 recreates that feeling I get when I play the original UT. [​IMG]

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Day of Disaster
    Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
    Wii Sports
    Wii Play
    Wii Music
    Forever Blue
    Wii Health Pack

And they're just the ones they've announced, thats a fair bit especially when so many gamers are calling out for new F-Zero, Kid Icarus and the many many others game sequels that they already have under their belt. And I'm sure that the 50 odd other games they have in development, some of those would be new IPs. You also have to think about the DS too, unlike the PSP that needs games that are totally different, whereas PSP could just have cut down versions of the PS2, PS3 games.

8. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what does ip mean

9. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Internet Protocol.

Just screwing with you.

Intellectual Property.