ROM Hack How about hacking demos to play the full game with Hans?

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if the demo and the full game share the same ID, but I reallized that the romfs is basically the "full" game rom.
I have two ideas:
1.- Dumping the romfs from the cia full game and run it with the demo via Hans.
2.- Dumping the romfs from both (demo and full game), decrypt both of the romfs files, merge the full game romfs with the demo romfs, encrypt the "patched" romfs, rename the romfs with "(demo id).romfs and finally run it with the intalled demo on Hans.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure they don't share the same ID. I've certainly had a demo version installed at the same time I've had the full eshop version installed (Conception II - needed both to transfer data from the demo to the full game) - there'd be confliction if they shared the same ID.

ConfusedMujina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PIRACY ALERT!!
You're walking a very grey path already simply talking about decompiling and modifying the works of others without their permission. In fact, not just without permission, with express requests NOT to make those modifications.

I understand your desire to set yourself above those who have obtained materials without paying for them, but there are more polite ways to do so. Aside from quietly alerting moderators, you may ask "Isn't that piracy?" as an invitation to discussion, or even say, "This seems a bit close to piracy."

Yelling what you have though, makes many statements, and few of those statements positive of yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr