dylan2228

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I was wondering, i really want to get a replacement house for my ds. i want the Transparent Replacement Housing Case for NDS Lite from dealextream.com and i was wondering if its actually worth taking the risk of dissembling my ds?
yaynds.gif

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you never took apart any electronic small devices like maybe an ipod, tv remote control or game controlers I would not try it.
If you want to practice see if you can take apart a calculator with buttons and put it back together.

From my experience the first time you do it you more than likely will mess something up.

It took me the 2nd and 3rd time before I could do it with out messing something up. ie. ribbon cable needs a spiral twist to fit from the top screen to the bottom on the mobo. That's a PITA. Power and speaker volume buttons are tough as well.

I just ordered 2 clear and 1 white case replacements from DX. So in 3-4 weeks I will be doing them.

my2cents.

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did it this week. Im 17 and it was my first time taking anything apart. Just use the guide from GBATemp and you'll be fine.

I warn you though. Some parts from DX won't fit and/or do not have sockets for screws. I ended up with a rattling ds lite. I hated it and after 1 day I put my old shell back on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr