Household remedies

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tinymonkeyt, Sep 13, 2008.

1. tinymonkeyt
    OP

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    i cant quite remember if i already made a topic like this
    but what are some 'household remedies' for the common cold?
    ive been sick for over a week and i kinda wanna get better lol

2. Live Again

Live Again Banned

Banned
    Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Chicken Noodle soup, and cold medicine.

3. tKo HaXoR

tKo HaXoR GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2008
    United States
    Los Angeles
    lots of orange juice and cup of noodles! Top Ramen ftw! U could try over the counter cold medicine if all else fails. [​IMG]

4. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    for sore throats, this ALWAYS works. lemon juice, salt, and some water. gurgle it. bam sore throat (and sometimes ur whole cold) completely gone.

hope u get better ^^

5. ScuberSteve

ScuberSteve Newbie

FLUIDS.
    They come in the form of water, tea, fruit juice, etc.
    VITAMIN C.
    It comes in the form of tabs, pickled vegetables, and citrus fruits.
    HIT TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE.
    Drink Orange Juice.
    Although, OJ kills, so I just drink lots of TEA.
    Because it's delicious.

6. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Well, let's see.....I drink lots of soda (Mountain Dew mostly), beer and iced tea.....I eat whatever I think tastes good, NOT what is good for me. Actually, I tend to avoid food that is GOOD for me....ain't got time for food that tastes like crap.

I haven't had a cold that has lasted more than 12 hours in nearly 20 years. Truth. So I can honestly say, I don't know what you poor schmucks that get sick all the time should take to avoid your ailments.

I do have a trade-off though.....I used to have skin problems and get hives a lot (something about my histamines being overactive, according to dermatologists), but now I take Claritin for that and haven't had skin problems ever since I discovered the magical properties that little pill. Truth. I was driven to near insanity with itchy skin ever since I was 4 years old until I started taking that little bastard. I only discovered it a few years ago.

So, I'm god-like when it comes to colds and stuff like that. I just NEVER get sick. I'm not even kidding. The overactive histamines in my body kill the germs before I ever have any symptoms, most times.

It sucks really.....never being sick......I never have an excuse to call off from work. [​IMG]