Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First came Dead Space: Extraction and now comes yet another of the Wii's awesome on rail shooter "House of the Dead: Overkill" is on its way to the PS3 Move.

QUOTE said:
One of the Wii's better light gun-style games is coming to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Move in all of its gory, foul-mouthed glory. Sega's The House of the Dead Overkill - Extended Cut arrives this October.

The Extended Cut in this remake's title comes from the two new scenarios added to the Wii original. The higher-definition The House of the Dead Overkill also tosses in "trophies, new game modes and new content" for the PlayStation Move.

The House of the Dead Overkill - Extended Cut is on target for an October 25 release in the U.S., October 28 in Europe. Check out new screens and some logo-stuffed box art for the game in the gallery above.

Its also 3D compatible...if you know you like that sort of thing.

Ending from the Wii title, warning not the least bit safe for work, your parents (if you're under 18) or for people who can't take bad language.
[youtube]YiVHkHL-HgE[/youtube]

Source

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Wii version was terrific, the most fun I've had with a multiplayer game on the Wii.
So damn funny.
There was a lot of room for improvement though, it's a shame the PS3 gets it...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
The Wii version was terrific, the most fun I've had with a multiplayer game on the Wii.
So damn funny.
Are you suggesting a sequel be made for the Wii?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
machomuu said:
Satangel said:
So damn funny.
Are you suggesting a sequel be made for the Wii?
I sure hope so
yaywii.gif

There have been rumours of a sequel but those rumours haven't been confirmed yet....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
jerome27 said:
This game was so awful. Its literally the worst game in the HOTD series.

It was supposed to be a funny Tarantino-Style rail shooter. If you don't dig Pulp Fiction, you won't dig the humour in this. It's meant to be over-the-top, y'know.

If I were to point at the worst HOTD game, I'd say hands down HOTD 3 - it sucked even on the Arcade machine.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
jerome27 said:
In my opinion, this game is awful. Its literally the worst game in the HOTD series.
I'm intolerant of the opinions of others

Fixed for self righteousness.

Seriously have you played this game? Also being an owner of the PS3 move and the Wii motion plus, despite the Move's increase motion fidelity its actually worse when it comes to shooters. The game "The Shoot" is a pretty good example. I don't know if that giant glowing orb at the end of the controller has anything to do with the problem, but yeah, its a lot less accurate than the Wii, only when it comes to shooting.

The Move also required 8.5 feet from the TV for proper play. (Play Sports Champions and you'll see this warning several times.) This makes it somewhat like the Kinect (which I also own) in that it requires a house the size of a bowling alley to get optimal performance.

And yeah, HOTD Overkill is laughably bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKUSSFzRZGY

Warning, this video contains lulz worthy amounts of cursing.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
jerome27 said:

It was supposed to be a funny Tarantino-Style rail shooter. If you don't dig Pulp Fiction, you won't dig the humour in this. It's meant to be over-the-top, y'know.

Comparing this pile of crap to a Tarantino film? Now I've seen everything. Pulp Fiction was intelligent, well written, not a shoot em up, and not filled with cursing every 30 seconds.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
machomuu said:
jerome27 said:
In my opinion, this game is awful. Its literally the worst game in the HOTD series.

Seriously have you played this game? Also being an owner of the PS3 move and the Wii motion plus, despite the Move's increase motion fidelity its actually worse when it comes to shooters. The game "The Shoot" is a pretty good example. I don't know if that giant glowing orb at the end of the controller has anything to do with the problem, but yeah, its a lot less accurate than the Wii, only when it comes to shooting.

The Move also required 8.5 feet from the TV for proper play. (Play Sports Champions and you'll see this warning several times.) This makes it somewhat like the Kinect (which I also own) in that it requires a house the size of a bowling alley to get optimal performance.

OK, but my original post still stands, that doesn't give you the right to state opinion as fact and then somehow change my post about your fact being stated as opinion to mean something that is pretty ignorant and a little self-conscious.

In short, unless you can prove it's the worst HOTD game, you shouldn't state opinion as fact.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
jerome27 said:
machomuu said:
jerome27 said:

The Move will never be as good as a Wii Mote in Rail Shooters, and it is indeed because of the orb.

The Wii Remote controlled the cross-hair using IR sensors - the "reticle light" was small and thus very accurate. The colourful orb, while it allows better movement along the various axis, it's too "big" to pin-point an exact spot on the screen.

I also wouldn't vouch for the Move controllers to be better than WiiMotion Plus controllers - the set lacks an off-hand gyro, plus the orb causes some inaccuracy in shooters like this one. I'd say that both sets have their advantages and disadvantages, but for shooters, the Wii setup is much better.

...too bad that the console itself is so underpowered. It could be a great FPP/Rail Shooter-oriented console if it had the guts to sport HD games. We'll see what the Wii2 shows off. I hope it'll be compatible with contemporary WiiMotes for FPP purposes, I actually prefere to play shooters using the 'motes.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
In short...

In short, you should stop getting your panties in a bunch over the opinions of other people on the internet. Its just childish and rude.

Also, if you want proof of my OPINION just watch the laughable youtube video I posted.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
machomuu said:
In short...

In short, you should stop getting your panties in a bunch over the opinions of other people on the internet. Its just childish and rude.

Also, if you want proof of my OPINION just watch the laughable youtube video I posted.
I can see you didn't read my posts too hard.
trollface.jpg
Also, that wasn't proof. Nor was it funny IMO (see, that's stating opinion as opinion, not fact; you should try it sometime).

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool more games for the black wii HD...oh wait i mean "ps move" lol. Prove to the world that your accesory is unique and not a rip-off by porting the games from the console you ripped off, smart move sony.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jerome27 said:
Foxi4 said:
jerome27 said:

Comparing this pile of crap to a Tarantino film? Now I've seen everything. Pulp Fiction was intelligent, well written, not a shoot em up, and not filled with cursing every 30 seconds.

You must have missed all the good scenes then because that movie had some outrageous parts in it and there was lots of swearing in it. Great film though.

House of the Dead Overkill had it's issues, but it was a diamond in the coal mine of Wii shovelware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."