house of the dead overkill's choppiness using 0.3g

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimanizer, May 6, 2009.

1. wiimanizer
    OP

Member wiimanizer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i was playing overkill a few days ago from the beginning of the game and experienced some choppiness here and there during gameplay. anyway to get this to not be choppy?

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Use the usb loader.

3. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    nabsters right. The backup loader will only run at 3x (originals run at 6x), but the usb loader is faster than the original read speed! Be warned tho; Overkill is known for getting lag on the extra zombie mode even on the original. (Extended story mode has extra zombies auto-activated).

4. herculean1982

Newcomer herculean1982 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    qft works a treat in the loader, not had any trouble at all. it was unplayable for me on gamma.

5. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    Use USB Loader.

or Install cIOSCORP.

or Buy and install a Modchip

or buy the real game and stop complaining that something you got for free doesnt work 100%.

that would make things easier huh?

and @Apekop...
    your sig is just... ugh. so wrong in some cases. you can uninstall IOS', what about IOS249, 232, 202... dependant on your firmware you can delete some IOS that arent needed on that system menu...

you can have wii connect 24 on at all times, why not, theres no update code? plus when you go online gaming what are you doing? going online of course.

anyregion changer... sorry, is that not installing another region on your wii?

wad bricks can be fixed easily. using preloader and depending on what brick you managed to stupid yourself into.

updating through nintendo is the safest way to get to 4.0 system menu. i did it, and still have all of my 3.2 functionallity + the SD Menu, and backup games through disc channel, and USB Loader...

you talk some crap [​IMG] XD

6. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    Works great for me using gamma 0.3.

7. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    thats all true, but if you can think of that, you dont need to be looking at it. The stuff I write could prevent a noob from bricking. Oh and you talk SOME crap too with cioscorp... wont help you run Overkill any faster from a dvd backup ^^ and having wiiconnect24 off is to prevent over heating. Plus, its not useful for anything except the weather/news channels.
    I also updated thru nintendo, which is why it says 'unless you know what youre doing'.

8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    the game is like that even on a dvd, it's poor framerate

9. wiimanizer
    OP

United States
    how is that so?

herculean1982, what's qft?

10. nabster92

United States
    Quoted For Truth.

But yea as others said it's just the game itself. The only way to fix it is to make it load faster and the only way to make it load faster is to use the usb loader. The original disc would probably run better than a backup, but I think even that is still choppy sometimes.

11. wiimanizer
    OP

United States
    so...the original disc is a little choppy as well?

also, even if i were to burn it at a slower speed, say 1x, itd still be choppy? if that's the case, ill just stick to my dvd's. i play most of my games burned...unless, does SD loader work as well as USB loader? cause im receiving a ext. hd soon and ill be mostly using it for my desktop/laptop and i usually use the SD card for extra storage like homebrew and whatever

12. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    Ok first instance of choppiness for me on level 4.

13. nabster92

United States
    Well it would have to be a moderately large sdhc card and im not sure how it works if you're only using one sd card because to put a wii game on it, it needs a WBFS partition so you may be able to partition a small portion for your homebrew channel apps and what not and the rest for wii games (at least 3-4 gigs I think for HOtD). Otherwise you might need two cards with one for loading the app from HBC then swap it once you load the usb/sd loader with the sdhc card for your games.

The partitioning thing should work though, but you WILL need to partition it if you still want to use one card for your homebrew apps as well.

14. wiimanizer
    OP

United States
    im probably going to go for a 8 or 16gb, would that be considered moderately large enough?
    im probably going to put only 1-2 games on it at the most, MAYBE 3 but not quite sure, although, up to 12g would mean already taking up for than half my space on the sdhc card. so 1-2 at the most for games that feel "problematic" for me, ie: too choppy(or near uncomfortable playability). the rest would be games burned on dvd for me