House of the Dead: Overkill sequel in the works?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiientershouseofthedeadoverkill.jpg

A sequel to 2009 Wii-exclusive on-rails shooter is in the works, a new report has claimed.

Development is "well underway" and the game should be released "sometime early or mid-2011", sources have told Nintendolife.

"Details on the game are still undisclosed, but what we've been told is that a title codenamed House of the Dead: Overkill 2 is being worked on, which we assume is for Wii and potentially PSMove," said the site.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I had a pretty good laugh playing the first one and I definitely got a kick out of it. It's hard to believe they're making a sequel after the first one sold like crap for the Wii.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought the game was amazing. I think this and Dead Space Extraction (which I also strangely enjoyed more then DS on PS360PC) are definitely the best Rail-Shooters on Wii or on any console yet. Hopefully it`s true.

I also kinda prefer the dynamic Rail-Shooters more then the more static ones, such as Time Crisis or Virtua Cop... I know they are different and still enjoyable but games like Overkill are imo way better.

How Overkill sold like crap is honestly beyond me. I don`t know if that was an assumption of you but as far as I know the game sold 720,000 units worldwide, which is pretty damn good for a genre, that I would have thought the market would have enough of after so many on Wii (HotD2&3 also sold over 1,2 million). Like Reggie often says Wii-games have a long-tail performance sell-wise...

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This will be another one for me to get.

I haven't had the chance to play Overkill with a friend yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it myself!
Love the dialogue! ;p

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Raiser said:
This will be another one for me to get.

I haven't had the chance to play Overkill with a friend yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it myself!
Love the dialogue! ;p

Definitely play it again with your friend, it isn't that long or hard, but it's so much funnier with 2
tongue.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've always wanted the first one (overkill) but never played it, I guess I should..I love the House of the Dead series, even 1 & 2 with the terrible voice acting

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome news! I loved the first one, and though I thought it was a bit overpriced for the amount of content you got, it's still one those games you want to have in your collection. Now that I'm softmodded, they can make it up to me.
smileipb2.png

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overkill was pretty fun, in a really screwed up kind of way too. The acting was pretty hilarious and I enjoyed the fact that rail shooters are still fun. I hope they improve the graphics though, something that was lacking with Overkill was the graphics quality which could have been better.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is awesome. Loved the first one and its grotesque humour.

It also had a lot of nice little touches which made the experience totally enjoyable.

I hope they make a good work with the second one like they did with the first one, and obviously improve it.

I guess they should add a bit of replayability, this time.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I loved Overkill, though it was a bit short. You can't really help that with an onrail shooter, but like raulpica says, more replayability would be nice.

Even if it's just more of the same, I'd really enjoy it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
One of the funniest moments in the whole game:

rofl.gif

Yeah, good shit. I'd say Overkill is probably the Conker's Bad Fur day of this generation when it comes to fringe humor in gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo