house of the dead 2 + 3 return

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by chicken11, Apr 17, 2009.

Apr 17, 2009
  1. chicken11
    OP

Member chicken11 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hi, can any 1 help or give me a straight answer,house of the dead 2 + 3 return is causing me some hassle,i have got several copies and they all do the same ,my wii is at 3.2e with back up loader,when i try and play part 2 with a back up copy of this game ,i get a black screen and have to turn power off at mains to eject disc, if i choose to play part 3, i can play with no problems,this happens on all my back up copies, so i thought there was a problem with all my back up copies,a friend recently brought the original game,i borrowed it and if i play original game through disc channel ,i can play part 2 or part 3 with no problems but if i load original game through back up loader, choose to play part 2, i just get black screen again, part 3 plays fine, its really weird. i have tried this on a 3.2e and a 3.3e and a 3.4e ,all are the same, can please any body help, has any body else had same problems? if so how can i make game work? please please

2. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    46 people have read this topic but no body has left me an answer,y oh y, all i ask please is a simple answer so i can die happily with the thought that i finally got the answers to this question and ther isnt many games that have caused me trouble but this game has the most, am i the only person who has got this problem, how come every body else can play this game with no problems but i cant ?

3. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    try gecko os the use the rebooter function?

4. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok thanks will try , have tried several ways all ready, tried games on others wii and still the same,your kind

5. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    tried what you suggested and still the same, surely some 1 who has played this game with no problems, must be reading this and saying how thick i must be, its a fair point but all i want is some answers so i can put this matter to rest

6. RolfThiel

Newcomer RolfThiel Advanced Member

United States
  7. Col70

Member Col70 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi Mate

This is a problem that everybody has had and is quite an old one. Basically you'll need to track down a PC app from Waninkoko called IOSPatcher. It'll sort out Medal of Honour Hero's 2 and HOTD for you - But beware, once you've patched your ISO and reburnt them, they wont launch with USB launcher only through the regular backuplaunchers and discchannels

8. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom

9. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I GOT IOS PATCHER. I HAVE DONE WHAT IT SAYS BUT STILL CANT PLAY 2, I HAVE EITHER DONE SOMETHING WRONG, I DRAG MY GAME ISO INTO PATCHER, I ADD 249 TO END OF FILE, PRESS ENTER THEN BURN FILE, IS THAT RIGHT OR AM I A MUPPET,PLEASE NEED LITTLE MORE HELP

Posts merged

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I GOT IOS PATCHER. I HAVE DONE WHAT IT SAYS BUT STILL CANT PLAY 2, I HAVE EITHER DONE SOMETHING WRONG, I DRAG MY GAME ISO INTO PATCHER, I ADD 249 TO END OF FILE, PRESS ENTER THEN BURN FILE, IS THAT RIGHT OR AM I A MUPPET,PLEASE NEED LITTLE MORE HELP

10. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    you have to patch the iso to use ios249 and then it will work.

11. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for all your advice, dont no if i am doin it wrong or using wrong ios patcher, i am using ios patcher1.0 is this right or do i need ios patcher 1.1, when i drag my game iso into patcher do i just type 249 at end of game file and press enter then burn the game file, this is what i am doin but still game wont load, would this work for james bond quantom of solace, got several copies and all got crappy sound

12. Col70

Member Col70 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    James Bond will always have choppy sound whatever you do (when palying off burnt disc) only way to prevent that is to use USB loader. As for your HOTD issue, it sounds as though you're doing the right thing. Basically you get your iso, drag it into version 1.0, patch to 249, press enter and it should tell you it was a success. Reburn the repatched iso again and it should start if you've got cioscorp installed?

13. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Okay, I also drag it into version 1.1 and I got this message:

@ Current IOS version: 21 (IOS21)

Input an IOS version (3 or highter):

So, I type 249 and press Enter ?

Look at my signature below. [​IMG]

14. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
  15. squirrel420

Newcomer squirrel420 Member

United States
    yes, that is what i did with MOH:H2 and it works fine.

(if im wrong please someone correct me, but i'm 99.99% sure im right here)

16. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for all your help, i am patching like a mad man , does any 1 no about wall- e i get error dump code when i launch through back up loader