Hacking hourglass9 boots to home screen

PandaOnToast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have been following this guide to install arm9loaderhax on my old 3ds. My system will not boot into hourglass9 but instead to my home menund Luma 3ds boots fine. Earlier my system would display a black screen but now has this problem after I deleted the home menu extdata.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue. In the guide it doesn't say to rename hourglass9 to start_hourglass9
As soon as I renamed it worked

Last edited by Tri-Z,

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the guide now uses Luma chainloader menu. Holding start is supposed to open a boot menu allowing you to select hourglass9. No idea why it's not working for you, but the way you did it has the same effect.

Dhillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason why your getting that problem is because your using a nightly build of lumacfw which has the chainloader. If you downloaded the stable realese of lumacfw v6.6 then you would easily boot hourhlass9 from "start" and also the guide does say to rename the file to "start_Hourglass9.bin". If you want to still use the nightly build of luma then try renaming start_Hourglass9.bin to something like down_Hourglass9.bin and see if that works.

PandaOnToast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason why your getting that problem is because your using a nightly build of lumacfw which has the chainloader. If you downloaded the stable realese of lumacfw v6.6 then you would easily boot hourhlass9 from "start" and also the guide does say to rename the file to "start_Hourglass9.bin". If you want to still use the nightly build of luma then try renaming start_Hourglass9.bin to something like down_Hourglass9.bin and see if that works.
Ill give it a try when I get back. Thanks

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah no luck. What do you mean by nightly build? I thought it said to just download the latest one.

If you downloaded Luma3DS from the link provided by Plailect at http://3ds.guide, then go into SD:/luma/payloads and make sure there is a file named "start_hourglass9.bin". If not, rename your hourglass9.bin payload to that. Put your SD card back into your 3DS. While holding START, turn on the 3DS. Let go of START once you see HourGlass9 load up.

If HourGlass9 still will not load up, your SD card may be corrupted. Did you check it with h2testw?

What they were telling you was that Luma3DS will have a change in the next version. Luma3DS will include its own chainloader menu, accessible by holding START when powering on. From there you can select any payload instead the number of payloads being limited to the number of buttons. This feature is already enabled if you have a nightly build of Luma3DS. If you are confused by this paragraph, ignore it for now.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the guide it doesn't say to rename hourglass9 to start_hourglass9
I think you mean to say I failed to read the guide properly. :teach:
Copy Hourglass9.bin from the Hourglass9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename Hourglass9.bin to start_Hourglass9.bin

Reactions: Tenshi_Okami

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night