Hotline Miami coming to PS3, Vita

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Feb 19, 2013.

Feb 19, 2013
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Indie synth-infused cult classic Hotline Miami seems to be ringing up a new base, as it'll be coming to the Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita this summer.

The ultraviolent (but heavily stylized) action game gained a strong following after its PC release last fall. The Playstation 3 and Vita versions will feature crossbuy, so buy it on the Playstation 3 and you'll get the Vita copy for free as well.

:arrow: Source

This is one of the games I've REALLY wanted to try and have heard great things about, so I'm really glad it's coming to the PS3 and Vita, with crossbuy nonetheless. Definitely a day one purchase for me on PSN.

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Awesome, I was reading about it the other day, actually. If the price is right, I will welcome this on my memory card for sure.

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I heard great things about this so I'll probably check it out. Although supposedly the accuracy of a mouse is needed in this game so I wonder how they'll adapt it for a controller.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    With the PSVita there's always the touchscreen or the touchpad if you don't want to obstruct your view. With the PS3... no idea.

Maybe the PSMove? :tpi:
    //joke

5. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    ^:ph34r:
    Not sure what the game is and how it plays, but for the vita, it has a touchscreen and touchpad.
    For the ps3, they just going have to change it to fit the controller.

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It's controller compatible on the PC, and I've heard mixed things - some people prefer it to the keyboard and mouse, others don't. So who knows, it could work.

I think it's a bit weird that it's not getting a Wii U version. Sure, Nintendo might not like the violence, but you have the perfect opportunity to rebrand it. Call it Hotline MiaMii, change a few of the sprites, and you're golden.

7. soulx

Canada
    Apparently it actually is coming to the Wii U.

A teaser elsewhere:
    [​IMG]

8. Jaems

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    One of the best games of last year. Probably my personal game of the year.
    It's quite good. Pick it up if you haven't already, goes as low as $5 on Steam/Amazon.

9. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    If true, I wonder if it will have crossbuy too. :P

Why do devs announce things like that? So far apart and not at the same. Unless it was a last minute thing or they are still waiting for the "OK".

10. soulx

Canada
    Because for some reason, every fucking third-party game is a secret on the Wii U. Need for Speed: Most Wanted was in development for the system since the end of 2011 and we just found out about it now. Black Ops 2 wasn't revealed until a month or so before launch. Watch Dogs Wii U is some big damn secret even though everybody knows it's coming already.

I don't know if it's because of super-strict Nintendo NDA's or if it's because every third-party pub seems to turn in a complete fucking clutz when working on Nintendo consoles.

xwatchmanx and KingVamp like this.