Hotel Dusk room 215 hacking ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Neko, Feb 4, 2007.

Feb 4, 2007

Hotel Dusk room 215 hacking ? by Neko at 5:03 PM (1,176 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Neko
    OP

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    Hey guys [​IMG]

I decided to check out the Hotel Dusk room and what i found is interesting.
    It seems like the text is uncompressed and changeable but i tried it and all i got was white screens on my Nds [​IMG]
    Maybe Someone could find out whats wrong.

just extract the data using ndstool.

the file with the text is in the data/local/us folder and it's called textdata_usa.wpf.

Maybe notepad++ destroyed the file , but now i'm to angry to try another editor [​IMG]

Good luck everyone.
    I really hope someone finds out how to hack this game [​IMG]

Yours sincerely,
    Dominik93 [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    For simple hacks I suggest using NDSTS or NDSHV to extract the file and reinsert it as some patchers take exception to roms messed around using ndstool.
    NDSTS
    http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm

Notepad++ is likely the cause of your troubles though as the formatting and pointer list has likely been destroyed. A conventional hex editor should be able to do the job although I should say read up on pointers if you have not already (after the byte flipping has been done they tend to point either directly to the text or have a "header space" value removed) . I will take a look at the game later but as I only just started playing it a script dump may spoil it for me.

3. Neko
    OP

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    Thanks to your idea with NDSTS i got it to start ,but it's displaying the original text , but if i extract the text with NDSTS and open it with my hexeditor it's my edited version [​IMG]

Seems like the game or the patcher is making something shitty [​IMG]