Hotel Dusk room 215 hacking ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Neko, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Neko
    OP

Neko Been a while.

Dec 5, 2006
    Gambia, The
    #gbatemp.net
    Hey guys [​IMG]

I decided to check out the Hotel Dusk room and what i found is interesting.
    It seems like the text is uncompressed and changeable but i tried it and all i got was white screens on my Nds [​IMG]
    Maybe Someone could find out whats wrong.

just extract the data using ndstool.

the file with the text is in the data/local/us folder and it's called textdata_usa.wpf.

Maybe notepad++ destroyed the file , but now i'm to angry to try another editor [​IMG]

Good luck everyone.
    I really hope someone finds out how to hack this game [​IMG]

Yours sincerely,
    Dominik93 [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    For simple hacks I suggest using NDSTS or NDSHV to extract the file and reinsert it as some patchers take exception to roms messed around using ndstool.
    NDSTS
    http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm

Notepad++ is likely the cause of your troubles though as the formatting and pointer list has likely been destroyed. A conventional hex editor should be able to do the job although I should say read up on pointers if you have not already (after the byte flipping has been done they tend to point either directly to the text or have a "header space" value removed) . I will take a look at the game later but as I only just started playing it a script dump may spoil it for me.

3. Neko
    OP

Neko Been a while.

Dec 5, 2006
    Gambia, The
    #gbatemp.net
    Thanks to your idea with NDSTS i got it to start ,but it's displaying the original text , but if i extract the text with NDSTS and open it with my hexeditor it's my edited version [​IMG]

Seems like the game or the patcher is making something shitty [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice