Gaming HOTD Overkill

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing HOTD Overkill and I got to the putrid waters stage. It seemed like it wasn't right and my suspicions were confirmed after about 1 min of gameplay.

NO ZOMBIES!!!!

None at all and I cannot even complete the level. I had to save the civilian but there was nothing chasing him. There are sound effects like zombies are coming but not a single soulless ravenous undead bastard coming at me. It gets stuck at a certain part about 1.5 mins in. Anyone else see this? I know others have problems with this game. I can boot fine, just played 2 levels prior as well so the game does work fine. I am using USB Loader GX to play. Wii specs: 4.1u, cIOS38rev14, hermes 222/223 (latest), I may try Wiiflow as well to see if it does this again. This is really weird, I'm wondering if there is protection or is it that the data is screwed up somehow? I'll test further and post results.

Edit: Just tried Wiiflow and it works, I got zombies. Restarted GX and its fine, damn wish I would of documented that on video. What a strange bug. Oh well, in case someone gets this in the future, just restart the loader and it will work fine. In case anyone is wondering I do not have Ocarina on for that game.

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it's a bug. I have the original game and had the same bug. Just reboot the wii and it should work just fine.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satan2k said:
it's a bug. I have the original game and had the same bug. Just reboot the wii and it should work just fine.
Yeah that, in fact since putting it onto a HDD and using uLoader I've had no problems since. Runs better too, less stuttering.

Getting stuck with nothing to do seems to happen in other on rail shooters like Dead Space Extraction & Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles...perhaps its just the genre?

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Yeah that, in fact since putting it onto a HDD and using uLoader I've had no problems since. Runs better too, less stuttering.

I don't have stuttering issues with the original game (6x speed), but i must admit, the game is barely optimized, and the "fetid waters" stage, is a fucking garbage. The game stays constantly under 30-40 fps on this stage, which is total no-sense... I think it's the only stage i did not replay twice.

I think it's because they put reflection on the water without optimizing the whole scene...

But it's still a good and very funny game, especially with the "AMS Sega gun" brought with the special edition 8-)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ending is a bit NSFW though right?

I know the game sold well so I hope for a sequel or even get Headstrong to do a Grindhouse style Virtua Cop title.

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The ending is epic, and i think they will make a sequel. =)

"the House of the Dead" brand is still a good value, and the wii is pretty good for shooters. But i hope they will optimize their bloated code. I mean, the wii is powerful as the first xbox (maybe more powerful) but they are making such of bloatwares on it, i'm so angry...

I'm not looking for the best graphics, i just want nice looking game with smooth framerate...

(john carmack, if you hear me...
tongue.gif
)

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool so im not the only one, i thought it was weird, and i was crazy, but i didnt even have to restart the wii to get it to work right, just exit the loader and come back in. so based on this happening, i would assume you could ocarina cheat this in right?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
cool so im not the only one, i thought it was weird, and i was crazy, but i didnt even have to restart the wii to get it to work right, just exit the loader and come back in. so based on this happening, i would assume you could ocarina cheat this in right?
you could look for codes out there. this bug thing also happened to me. i used uLoader and 222 for this and no issues until i beat the game with no cheats.
tongue.gif

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a different problem but don't want to start a new thread.

I beat the game (regular mode) by using the DVD and everything worked fine. I recently started playing it again through the Configurable USB loader and noticed on the 8th level it would lcok up toward the end and I would have to power down and restart the Wii. It did this several times in a row. Then I went back and played the same level on regular mode and it locked up in the same spot.

Is it possible that I had a bad rip onto the USB drive? I'm not sure that's possible because I don't think it would have completely at 100% but who knows. I haven't had any other problems with this particular USB loader. I also don't have the motivation currently to download a different copy and try again.

But I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
I also don't have the motivation currently to download a different copy and try again.

Aw come on... GTFO... I'm not a moral fag, but wtf, READ RULES. The only thing i could advice is to make your own backup with your own original, but i'm sure you dont even fucking own it.

For the rest of pple, i forgot to notice, i had the same "no zombies" bug on the hospital, just before the boss, last hallway. (original disc, 6X speed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.