Hacking HOTD Overkill locks up on 4th level of story mode

d2michael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask a question about a game this old, but I only recently got my Wii and am trying all the games I missed.

Has anyone playing Overkill through Usb loader gx gotten stuck at the 4th level of story mode? Once I press to load the 4th level, everything just locks up at the loading screen (the screen with the wheelchair) Any fix for this? I'm using rev 13a (also tried 13a), latest version of usb loader gx. thanks

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have finished the whole game using the USB Loader, both story and directors cut. Never had a problem or any lockups!

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say that's a bad ISO rather than it being USB loaders fault... Try redownloading from a different source?

errr... by which I mean backing it up again?
tongue.gif

squirrel420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked fine on me rev09 and USB loader 1.1 on 3.2U.

Perhaps a bad ISO, Perhaps a bad transfer to the USB drive (i've had a similar error with punch out, just redumped it to the drive and it worked)

phrozenfeonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using usbloader 1.1, 1.5, and coverfloader, cIOS rev09, and now rev10

Haven't had any problems with this game, freshly dumped from pressed disc on both rev09 and rev10. Game has got numerous hours of play, no one believes me when i tell them about it
tongue.gif

Gonna go with all ^^ and say it's an issue with the dump rather than the game itself. Re-dump your pressed disc, and you shouldn't have any more problems.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem, but I'm not sure where it was. I played all the way thru the game co-op with a friend, then when we went to play thru again on the extra zombies mode, it froze at the same spot in some level every time. So we gave up.

Sorry I can't add any advice on how to fix it... Heh.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that having an actual disk in the drive helped a lot with some of HOTD 'weirdness' like zombies glitching out and such.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
I had a similar problem, but I'm not sure where it was. I played all the way thru the game co-op with a friend, then when we went to play thru again on the extra zombies mode, it froze at the same spot in some level every time. So we gave up.

Same EXACT problem here. I don't remember which level, but we were outside in the swamp. We could aim and such, but we were supposed to keep moving along the track, and couldn't. The game wouldn't continue the level. After 4 tries, we just quit. I've tried this with 2 different ISOs, so I doubt that's the problem.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
loesjoel said:

Same EXACT problem here. I don't remember which level, but we were outside in the swamp. We could aim and such, but we were supposed to keep moving along the track, and couldn't. The game wouldn't continue the level. After 4 tries, we just quit. I've tried this with 2 different ISOs, so I doubt that's the problem.

I definitely saw more issues if you played with 'extra zombies' where as in regular mode glitching/crashing/stuck zombies. If you got stuck it's because a zombie is glitched somewhere but you might not see it. While it's glitched the game won't advance since it's waiting for you to kill it, but you can't!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.