osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loads of me. But I just played hades for an hour or so and i just... don't get it. The lack of information or visual clues on what's happening, the reptitiveness, the randomness, the reactionary button-mashing, it all culminates in mind-numbing schlock for me. i can kinda see how people might maybe find it fun, but i just find it dull and tedious.

Reactions: CoolMe

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fortnite, for both obvious and not so obvious reasons. Back when it was a well hyped game with a gamemode looked like a lot of fun in the trailers, and a bunch of my friends all preordering it to play together. Fast forward and I never touched it, heard about the battle royale mode that everyone was raving about and it's just spiraled from there into something that it definitely didn't seem like at the starting line. Not that the game is bad, it's just too much for me at this point.

And Escape From Tarkov, honestly don't remember why I didn't like it, but gave my friend my account cause I wasn't going back to it ever. Enough gritty war games I can go play.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fortnite, for both obvious and not so obvious reasons. Back when it was a well hyped game with a gamemode looked like a lot of fun in the trailers, and a bunch of my friends all preordering it to play together. Fast forward and I never touched it, heard about the battle royale mode that everyone was raving about and it's just spiraled from there into something that it definitely didn't seem like at the starting line. Not that the game is bad, it's just too much for me at this point.
Y'know, that reminds me. While I personally think the usual internet gamer bit of dunking on Fortnite is a super low hanging fruit at this point, I definitely think the game has its faults... I'm really not a fan of a lot of the monetization strategies games undertake these days. Lootboxes, battle passes, limited-time cosmetics and the like, and how they really build up this feeling of FOMO, is a pretty gross way to get people to buy into video game costumes so they don't look cheap or poor with default skins.

(Maybe that's not that much of a hot take, buuuut I've definitely seen a "it's just cosmetic so it's not that bad" sentiment, and I disagree)

Reactions: Legitendo

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you, it seems like there's a never ending supply of content to the game. Which isn't a bad thing, but they accompany that with more costumes, battle passes and the like. Is it technically a bad thing? Probably not, but now every game is doing it which is the problem.

Honestly, I've been buying a bunch of older Xbox and PS2 games lately and they still hold up fine, and it's got what I want. Can play anytime, no waiting for updates or outages, a load of cheaper games compared to newer releases, no ads whatsoever, honestly any trailers in extra are more cool to see than anything since it's oldddd stuff now.
Turned into a rant but it stands, you don't need microtransactions to make a game good, just good gameplay, and unlockables go a long way to make people want to play more!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OoT is the reason why Skyward Sword is the one of the worst Zelda games. OoT started a Zelda format that grossly held the series back and ruined innovation before BOTW finally changed everything.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I do not like "Mario Bros.".
Stupid Game....:angry:

index.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not a specific game, but a genre: Roguelikes. Most of them are just "Are you lucky to find a good items/weapon combo or find the OP stuff? If yes, you win, if not, FUCK YOU."
And just how fucking repetitive they get, having to start from the beginning each time, slowly grinding up those permanent upgrades that do more or less fuck all, after a while, redoing the same levels over and over just becomes a torture.
Most of them also being balls hard doesn't help in making them any enjoyable.

Tldl: RNG hates me, and I hate RNG.

Reactions: hippy dave

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Aperture desk job is terrible. Okay, it's free, had good visuals and fun characters... But it has no game. You aim when requested, push buttons when requested. I have no idea why valve pushed this as the game to try on Steam deck as it's just so disappointing you really need a good game to show what the device can do

Metal64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fast Forward + romhacks in gameyob or retroarch made these much easier for me to enjoy. The time for each animation and the slow dialogue speed used to bore me.
You can disable animation and speed the dialogue in the settings of every game

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OoT is the reason why Skyward Sword is the one of the worst Zelda games. OoT started a Zelda format that grossly held the series back and ruined innovation before BOTW finally changed everything.
I don't know, OoT feels as much the basis for Dark Souls as it was for Skyward Sword. Nintendo could've taken it in any number of other directions.

Games thats whole 'shtick' is being painfully difficult bring out the tryhard in a lot of gamers and it's obnoxious. Stuff like Dark Souls/Elden Ring come to mind in particular.
I don't mean to sound elitist, but these games are not that difficult. They're all about patience and timing, and the number one mistake a lot of newbies make going into them is acting like they're button-mashing fighting games instead. Additionally, they're RPGs which give you near limitless options for tackling each encounter, up to and including spamming spells from a distance, or over-leveling your character early. People only truly go tryhard mode in PvP, or if they're a streamer trying to beat the game with Donkey Kongas or something.

Now Sekiro, there's a game where you have literally no other option but to git gud, as it forces you to play one particular way. And even that of course is a walk in the park compared to retro Battletoads games or a lot of bullet hell titles.

---

For my part I'm sick of so many survival-crafting games popping up. The vast majority of them have horrible pacing, assuming they aren't just empty sandboxes. Even in the good ones like Minecraft you build the Death Star or whatever and it's like "k, what now?" It's about as rewarding as MS Paint. There are better genres for straight-up relaxation as well.

Reactions: CoolMe

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I liked Dark Souls 1 and 3 back on their respective release times. Never came back to them, but this year I got Elden Ring, and well, I didn't like it.

Maybe I changed tastes over the years, but the slow-then-sudden-attack from the bosses and the keep-rolling from the player did not motivate me a lot.

The soulless enemies, witch is kinda the point of the game, also make me feel lazy to explore, like that camp on games very beginning where a lot of military gather, you attract one or two, kill, than go back and keep doing that like a PS1 Resident Evil game.

I don't know, it is a solid game, a loved game, but it just did not shined for me.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Sunshine is the most flawed 3D Mario game.
It's physics can be more flawed than 64 at times, a 5th of the shines are for blue coins, and the game just feels so padded to reach its length. I've completed it multiple times but, it always feels very flawed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.