OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
So I made this video to show hot swapping wii NAND chips. In this video I start up my wii with SM 4.3 with the DarkWii Red theme, then go into bootmii, swap the NAND chips from the TSOP48 clip I installed on my wii's motherboard, and then start up the SM and I'm now on 4.1 original theme.
biggrin.gif

The great thing this is useful for in my case is having an easy way to dump the NAND chip from someone elses wii. Although I can not launch someone elses system from within my wii or get their wii's keys, but just as an easier and more reliable way to dump someone's nand from a bricked wii and not have to screw with the infectus that takes 3 times longer to read an entire NAND chip.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome back, Foez! I do not know you personally, but have heard many great things about you!

Anyway, the NAND chip just pops out? I would think it would be soldered down, but the only time I have opened a Wii was to replace a DVD drive for a friend. (Didnt fix problem, either.)

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@plasmadragon.

Deadly has removed the NAND from the PCB, and replaced it with a a NAND 'ZIF Socket' or the like.

You cannot do whats in the video with a regular Wii =)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wow, Deadlyfoez´s back. I´m new here, but beside from devs, this guy have been doing a lot of science between wii hardware!

Glad to see you here !

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wow.
That... is awesome man!

WELCOME BACK DeadlyFoez!

And I saw your SD+NAND LED Mod too!
These Wii hardware mods are just completely awesome!

I am sorry that I could not really help in trying to get you unbanned... Nearly all of my time is used in IRL world these days rather than online...

But when I found out you had returned, I just had to log into gbatemp
laugh.gif
!

Do you have any other awesome wii hardware mod ideas by any chance?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Great to see your still wuth us DeadlyFoez, but where did you buy the TSOP48 clip? cause it's really a pain to solder this chips with wires

BTW i tried i little experiment with these nand chips, by installing bootmii via boot2 and reading the other wii's NAND via dual nand hack since i don't own an infectus

don't know if this similar with yours but hope you can check it out. the only problems that i have seen is that i have to use the same type of nand chip like samsung -> samsung and hynx -> hynx

i just did the dual nand hack with a working wii w/ boot to, fire up bootmii, switch to the bricked nand (wihle in bootmii), read it's nand (with is kind of useless) and install bootmii in the bricked nand. then after that it's just as simple as returning it to the briked wii.

don't know mush bout programming but might be in some sort of use to you.

might be great if i can use this hack to flash back a donor nand with its own keys to fix brick wii not capable of running bootmii as boot2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: