viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

Just wanted to share that with the latest SXOS and this device:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XY3B3DQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hot swapping XCI loaded microSD's via the USB C port works perfectly!!!!

Now. This would be my #1 most requested feature. USB NSP run support. I have multiple NSP's across multiple SD cards and would LOVE to be able to how swap them just like with XCI's. What are the odds of you think this can ever happen?

Reactions: loler55

BvonB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all!

Just wanted to share that with the latest SXOS and this device:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XY3B3DQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hot swapping XCI loaded microSD's via the USB C port works perfectly!!!!

Now. This would be my #1 most requested feature. USB NSP run support. I have multiple NSP's across multiple SD cards and would LOVE to be able to how swap them just like with XCI's. What are the odds of you think this can ever happen?

So with that device would you have your xci on a microsd, plugged into that device which in turn is connected to the switch's usb c port? If that is right then i'm guessing you cant use it docked or plug charger in? Or have i misunderstood the point of that device?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This has been known for a while it’s the same as getting a usb sd card reader and plugging the micro sd in the port and plugging it in the type c to usb but tbh I don’t see the point you might as well keep putting your micro sd card in the switch sd slot. The point of having usb is for cheaper larger access to storage on a hdd not plugging a micro sd card back in.

Last edited by Reecey,

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This has been known for a while it’s the same as getting a usb sd card reader and plugging the micro sd in the port and plugging it in the type c to usb but tbh I don’t see the point you might as well keep putting your micro sd card in the switch sd slot. The point of having usb is for cheaper larger access to storage on a hdd not plugging a micro sd card back in.

The point of having USB is to have an alternative loaction to store files. What a person uses to connect to their switch is entirely by choice. Some people don't care about having maximum space, but do care about easily swapping files out on the go without having to carry around a dongle and have to reset their switch everytime they want to

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The point of having USB is to have an alternative loaction to store files. What a person uses to connect to their switch is entirely by choice. Some people don't care about having maximum space, but do care about easily swapping files out on the go without having to carry around a dongle and have to reset their switch everytime they want to
If you connect a mini portable hdd to it like I have there’s no need to swap anything you can put everything on that portable hdd. You can’t install nsp titles on usb yet so you still need the sd slot on the switch.

Last edited by Reecey,

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you connect a mini portable hdd to it like I have there’s no need to swap anything you can put everything on that portable hdd.

I don't disagree, I was just saying USB support wasn't necessarily made for just HDDs, but for any compatible USB device that the user wants. For some a second 64/128gb SD may suffice

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BINGO!

It’s a nice way to bring multiple sd cards and swap them without having to reboot the switch. This small usb to sd reader is great because it’s small enough to use it on the go! Then you can flip it and use it on a dock. It’s a must have for multiple SD card users

Now if they can only make the NSPs work that would be amazing....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it’s not. The swap feature is more valuable to me than the larger HDD one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.