Hot GBA SP

ElTata_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My GBA SP overheats at the bottom of the A/B buttons when playing games and after a while it turns off. To play again I have to wait for it to cool down... I changed the battery but it didn't help at all... does anyone know what's going on? Some points that I can check with the tester? Any help is appreciated.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is a new one. Not really a lot there that normally fails (don't know if it changed between revisions but 515a mitsumi pmb4, my searches not bringing back much of anything but its position on the motherboard and lowbat on the silkscreen layer means I am thinking battery management) or has things fail in relation to it.
Equally while you replaced the battery I do have to ask with what? There is a lot of junk out there and replacing one bad battery with another is not going to cure much.

ElTata_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That is a new one. Not really a lot there that normally fails (don't know if it changed between revisions but 515a mitsumi pmb4, my searches not bringing back much of anything but its position on the motherboard and lowbat on the silkscreen layer means I am thinking battery management) or has things fail in relation to it.
Equally while you replaced the battery I do have to ask with what? There is a lot of junk out there and replacing one bad battery with another is not going to cure much.
I bought a new battery, but it seems strange to me that the plate overheats, I checked it and at least visually it's fine (clean the switch as well)... The previous battery was the one that came with the console and it did have a little bump. Do you have any idea what could be happening?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1