Hot and Steamy Tutorial Contest ***Winners***!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
UUb74aK.jpg

The Steam Sale hasn't started yet, but I know you're all waiting with bated breath to see if it's you who gets to shop for those sweet, sweet games that you will most likely never play more than once!
You all submitted some amazing tutorials, and in the end it was very hard choosing the winners.
Especially the one who would grab the top spot. So, without further ado, I will now announce the winners!

Grand Prize Winner of $100 in Steam credit:
DS1 with his insanely informative tutorial of comprehending and playing Japanese games!

Runners up winners of $50 in Steam credit (In no particular order):
DinohScene with his tutorial about how to setup your RGH, JTAG or R-JTAG Xbox 360 with Freestyle Dash

AlanJohn with his tutorial to show you the basics in making forum signatures

Nukeboy95 with his tutorial for replacing an Xbox 360 HDD for cheap

Ryokouki with his tutorial on writing professional game reviews

You all did an excellent job, and like always I thank everyone who participated in this contest. If it wasn't for you guys, stuff like this wouldn't be possible.

Everyone who won, PM me your email address and a link to your Steam profile.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I am so honored to have been chosen! I honestly was not expecting it, and on top of that I didn't even care about the prize! :wtf: Talk about a fantastic way to come back onto the site! ;) Thanks so much TwinRetro and the staff for choosing me as a winner, I greatly appreciate it! :) Meanwhile, a PM is coming shortly! WHEEEEE! :D

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the guy who wrote that awesome tutorial about getting windows 8 on a chromebook gets nothing? I guess you guys picked more gbatemp related topics tho. (And I doubt many ppl own a $1500 chromebook) Was still a great tutorial tho if it wasnt somthing that was known.

Reactions: Daidude and Zorua

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that line about having a hard time picking the one that would take the top spot, but I feel like everybody who saw DS1's tutorial and gave it a read through likely knew it would take first. It really is a high quality tutorial that is exceptionally relevant to the GBAtemp community. Quite well done indeed. That isn't to say others weren't good, but honestly, I don't feel any other tutorial in this contest could match it in terms of content, relevance, and overall presentation.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that line about having a hard time picking the one that would take the top spot, but I feel like everybody who saw DS1's tutorial and gave it a read through likely knew it would take first. It really is a high quality tutorial that is exceptionally relevant to the GBAtemp community. Quite well done indeed. That isn't to say others weren't good, but honestly, I don't feel any other tutorial in this contest could match it in terms of content, relevance, and overall presentation.

Yeah, I actually agree. I really was blown away at the caliber of the tutorial. Very deep and very detailed, which is what a tutorial should be about!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I actually agree. I really was blown away at the caliber of the tutorial. Very deep and very detailed, which is what a tutorial should be about!
I was actually a pretty big fan of your tutorial too. I feel like it's something that a number of people could really use, whether they're just starting out reviewing, or they just need to improve their technique some. After all, I, among many others, have tried doing a review of some sort at least once. People like the idea of giving their opinion in an informed, organized manner. I liked the writing style of the tut, which is a probably a good thing considering you write reviews, and it was meaty enough that it would leave few, if any questions.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually a pretty big fan of your tutorial too. I feel like it's something that a number of people could really use, whether they're just starting out reviewing, or they just need to improve their technique some. After all, I, among many others, have tried doing a review of some sort at least once. People like the idea of giving their opinion in an informed, organized manner. I liked the writing style of the tut, which is a probably a good thing considering you write reviews, and it was meaty enough that it would leave few, if any questions.

Wow, thank you for that, it really means a lot. :) It's not necessarily even just for reviewers alone, that's the thing, it's also for those who just want tips in writing properly on the internet, or even in school! I was pretty open ended on some aspects, for that very reason. Things are always changing, and as those factors change, so do aspects of my review. If you look at my reviews that I did early on, you'd realize that my writing knowledge was rather rudimentary (didn't learn squat in high school English) and compare it to now, it's definitely changing for the better, and actually (funnily enough) the one time I didn't care about the outcome (prizes) I actually enjoyed this one the most, and spent the longest amount of time for a single article. I think I clocked in thirty hours writing this, and trying to get the proper voice that I wanted. And haha, I honestly didn't even know about the fancy header function until like last week. I was always moaning LOL, always like wahhhh! Why can't I get the fancy headers! :angry: I even thought it only a staff privilege or something.

And I was actually experimenting with a new style on my tutorial, which actually paid off because I was really satisfied with how it turned out. As a reviewer, I always felt that it was my job to predict the common questions, and do my best to answer it in the review so that there isn't a lot of confusion on the behalf of the reader; although, I really love getting feedback!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Reactions: nukeboy95

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted_171835

Congrats to the winners, especially DS1.

(even though I totally should have won)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The judging here was, I'm not going to lie, absolutely atrocious. It looks like I wasn't even considered! I feel like I've been discriminated against just because I didn't submit an entry to the contest.

I hope the winners can live with their blood money.

Reactions: DS1

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooray! I really liked this contest because it was a good way to generate user content. I've got some more examples and stuff to add to my guide, but I didn't really have time to organize them due to some ridiculous illness I have contracted over the past few weeks. My tiger blood and Adonis DNA are no use against coughing up phlegm for two hours every morning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: