Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
My name is Dave. I am 32, from europe.

I work in a hospital

Things are getting more and more serious every day.

We have 10 reported cases in my city, still early.

Quite a few of those in the hospital i work at.

Some of my colleagues have decided not to work, because of the risk

I have decided to work and take all their shifts

I worry tho

AMA, i guess

Reactions: Alexander1970

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What precautions, if any, are your hospital taking to prevent the disease spreading to hospital workers and other patients?

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
What precautions, if any, are your hospital taking to prevent the disease spreading to hospital workers and other patients?

Quite a few.
The most important ones are also obvious ones, i assume.
Distance, no contact.

People with covid 19, so far, havent just randomly come by the main entrance, yet.
They tend to call in beforehand.

That way we can assure that the main entrance remains free of that pathogen.
If however this would occur, we are prepared.
We can completely reroute people from the main entrance to our second entrance and relocate the reception as well as the emergency hotline there.
The cleaning team is on stand by for that eventuality all day and night.
There is a teriary entrance through the ER only for patients inflicted with covid 19 (or at the very least suspected thereof).

Patients may, per day, only have a single visitor for a maximum of 30 minutes, for now.
I assume this will change soon however and we will lock down entirely.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can u be specific ? which part of europe?
Dont doxx me please.
Germany.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

In Austria we have actual Cases inside Hospitals too...:(

https://orf.at/stories/3158136/

Several cases in hospitals and nursing homes

An anesthetist at Vienna General Hospital has tested positive for the coronavirus. Markus Pederiva, spokesman for the Directorate General of the Vienna Hospital Association (KAV), confirmed relevant information from APA yesterday on request.

In the area of oncology at the Innsbruck Children's Hospital, a nurse also tested positive for an infection with SARS-CoV-2. The Tyrol clinics announced this in the afternoon. The further procedure is currently being discussed, it is said.

Another doctor also tested positive for the corona virus in the eye clinic of the Salzburg University Hospital.

There are now eight infected people at the Melk State Hospital, the coronavirus focus hospital in Lower Austria. A patient will soon be discharged into home care.

Also:

Medical Association confirms lack of protective clothing

The Vice President of the Medical Association, Johannes Steinhart, has confirmed a lack of protective equipment for medical personnel in the coronavirus crisis. "Yes, the market is problematic," said Steinhart in the Ö1 morning journal today. "There are border closures." There are "ordered equipment that currently does not cross restricted borders," he said.

One tries to counteract the scarcity: Many masks were bought, with which the federal states could also be "partially" supplied. There is also “sensational support” from the KAV.

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
In Austria we have actual Cases inside Hospitals too...:(

https://orf.at/stories/3158136/

Several cases in hospitals and nursing homes

An anesthetist at Vienna General Hospital has tested positive for the coronavirus. Markus Pederiva, spokesman for the Directorate General of the Vienna Hospital Association (KAV), confirmed relevant information from APA yesterday on request.

In the area of oncology at the Innsbruck Children's Hospital, a nurse also tested positive for an infection with SARS-CoV-2. The Tyrol clinics announced this in the afternoon. The further procedure is currently being discussed, it is said.

Another doctor also tested positive for the corona virus in the eye clinic of the Salzburg University Hospital.

There are now eight infected people at the Melk State Hospital, the coronavirus focus hospital in Lower Austria. A patient will soon be discharged into home care.

Also:

Medical Association confirms lack of protective clothing

The Vice President of the Medical Association, Johannes Steinhart, has confirmed a lack of protective equipment for medical personnel in the coronavirus crisis. "Yes, the market is problematic," said Steinhart in the Ö1 morning journal today. "There are border closures." There are "ordered equipment that currently does not cross restricted borders," he said.

One tries to counteract the scarcity: Many masks were bought, with which the federal states could also be "partially" supplied. There is also “sensational support” from the KAV.
I know what scarcity feels like. I have no car and so i walked to all four stores i could reach within maybe an hour walking.
Aldi, Edeka, Rewe.
No toilet paper, no tissues and no kitchen papers.
I have enough toilet paper for myself till, maybe, friday.
My mum has less.
I ordered online as a result. The three cheapest suppliers cancelled my order a few hours after it was placed.
I bought on eBay. The toilet paper cost me about as much as i had paid for Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate a few days before.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I know what scarcity feels like. I have no car and so i walked to all four stores i could reach within maybe an hour walking.
Aldi, Edeka, Rewe.
No toilet paper, no tissues and no kitchen papers.
I have enough toilet paper for myself till, maybe, friday.
My mum has less.
I ordered online as a result. The three cheapest suppliers cancelled my order a few hours after it was placed.
I bought on eBay. The toilet paper cost me about as much as i had paid for Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate a few days before.

Yes that is unfortunately the usual Thing acutal...you can get everthing but the Prices...a Can of Peaches - 2,50 Euros (Sunflower) ,no Clever (0,99 Euros) or other Alternative....same for Flour or Noodles.....:(

And Toilet Paper is again out of Stock on our local Grocery Store...every Day the Same......what the Hell are People doing with this.......do they eat it ?

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yes that is unfortunately the usual Thing acutal...you can get everthing but the Prices...a Can of Peaches - 2,50 Euros (Sunflower) ,no Clever (0,99 Euros) or other Alternative....same for Flour or Noodles.....:(

And Toilet Paper is again out of Stock on our local Grocery Store...every Day the Same......what the Hell are People doing with this.......do they eat it ?
They are afraid and hoarding the necessities gives them a sense of security, but there are also those who only wish to profit from the misfortune of others.
They are currently trying to scalp toiletries, disinfectant, as well as bread-baking mixes.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
They are afraid and hoarding the necessities gives them a sense of security, but there are also those who only wish to profit from the misfortune of others.
They are currently trying to scalp toiletries, disinfectant, as well as bread-baking mixes.

Despite all this,everyone is talking about "Help Together" and this is maybe not a real Together more an selfish and very egotistical Behavior....

...to stay on Topic,I really wonder how Medical Personal stayed so long "healthy and well"....THEY are the real Vulnerable.
I really admire them very much also the People in the Markets/Groceries still open vital Shops and Facilities and so on who cares about the "Replenishment"....of Supplies and Informations.

Without them a "Life" were not really possible actual...

These are our daily Heroes actual.:)

Reactions: Hephaestus

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Despite all this,everyone is talking about "Help Together" and this is maybe not a real Together more an selfish and very egotistical Behavior....

...to stay on Topic,I really wonder how Medical Personal stayed so long "healthy and well"....THEY are the real Vulnerable.
I really admire them very much also the People in the Markets/Groceries still open vital Shops and Facilities and so on who cares about the "Replenishment"....of Supplies and Informations.

Without them a "Life" were not really possible actual...

These are our daily Heroes actual.:)
We are just very careful, follow the rules and try our best, to be honest.
I guess thats the best anyone can do right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn