Hacking Horrid success rate on pretty much anything on N3DS?

sTo0z

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I have downgraded 3 O3DS and set them up in various ways. One with arm9loaderhax and two with SysNAND + EmuNAND + CakesFW.

All of them boot up 99% of the time and can run 99% of the time.

Now I just setup a N3DS with SysNAND 9.2 and EmuNAND 10.7 w/ CakesFW. I have it setup that I have to hold DOWN on D-pad to activate HBL, then I launch CakesFW from there.

The success rate of launching HBL on boot is like 1/5. And launching CakesFW from HBL is like 1/3. Sometimes I can't even close the lid in EmuNAND and re-open the lid. It'll just black screen and I have to hold power to start over.

Is this normal? What the heck is going on?

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't sound normal at all, at least in my experience. Before I moved to a9lh, I was running an n3DS XL with sysnand 9.2, menuhax (L on boot), and emunand 10.6 through CakesFW. Menuhax booted something like 8 out of 10, and Cakes from HBL was more like 9 out of 10. It failed often enough to be annoying (and motivated me to move to a9lh which hasn't failed once), but wasn't anywhere near as bad as what you're describing. The only thing I'd think of offhand is maybe your sd card is failing or dodgy? Have you tried it with another card to see if you have the same poor luck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia