Horrible mess with savedata (eShop game, from NAND to emuNAND)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by manuslm, May 16, 2015.

1. manuslm
    OP

manuslm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    Hi guys! I've gone crazy trying to find an answer to my problem, but I haven't. I hope you can help me.

A few months ago I played Animal Crossing (eShop version) on my 3DS XL (9.2). I deleted the game, and the console gave me the chance to make a .sav file, which I have in my computer right now. I formatted the console, installed the emuNAND, and after updating the emuNAND 9.7, entered the eShop and downloaded the game.

My question is: how can I restore my save? I still haven't found a way. The only file I have is the .sav I made before installing Gateway, is that enough?

2. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    The save was linked to your old sysNAND, so if you formatted it, I would say it highly unlikely you can do much, perhaps you could try using savedatafiler, but I'm pretty sure it need unencrypted saves, which is not what you have, to work.

3. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    If you actually purchased the game on the eshop it is to the best of my knowledge you can access the eshop on 9.2 system nand, restore the save, backup emunand, make a new emunand with the eshop file and save intact, use SDF to backup the save, restore emunand, install animal crossing as a cia or download via eshop and use SDF to import the save.