Horn and Freeze [Wii U]

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Tubarao, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Tubarao
    OP

Tubarao Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2013
    Setúbal
    Today I´m playing Zombie U for one hour and the game/console freeze and horn for 10/15 seconds, before this I can eject CD but nothing more.
    I hold power on button and reboot the console.

I read about horn of death and another problems. I bought the Wii U in December 2013, it is the second time of freeze in "ZombieU".
    I play "Wii Party U", "YourShape: Fitness Evolved 2013" and never freeze. In vWii I play a lot of games and never freeze too.

Anyone has a similar problem? Is it a hardware problem? So bad... :blink:

The first freeze it is system version 4.0.2 and now the second freeze is system version 4.0.3.

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Maybe it was internet related ? Maybe you can do this: If you have the resolution settings to 1080p.. Try to change it to 720p to see whats the difference. Credit goes to Pedro from other forum that I found.

If it works for you then click "like". Hope it helps. :D

3. Tubarao
    OP

Tubarao Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2013
    Setúbal
    bearmon2010 I will try this... And I will give feedback here
    All people said it is internet related/Miiverse problem.
    I read comments of a lot of people with the same problem or similar... And some sent console to Nintendo and receive a new console, but the problem appear again.

I think it is a software problem.. Do you have the problem anytime?

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I do not have this problem, but I read that if it happened once it'll happened again (like PS3 YLOD).

5. Tubarao
    OP

Tubarao Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2013
    Setúbal
    Omg... It is in the first months of warranty but I have HBC in the vWii (can´t send this to Nintendo, they will send me back).

When buying the console in December 2013 never thought there were still console packs in the market with this problem.. so bad.

6. IncredulousP

IncredulousP Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    My Wii U actually froze on me quite a bit one day. What ended up solving the sudden freeze/noise was unplugging the Wii U for >30 seconds and using a different electrical outlet. Turns out the power strip I was using had certain outlets that were buggy and unstable, it makes my Wii U freeze after about 5 min and just shut off for my Wii and Laptop. Even small instabilities in outlets can cause weird issues. Hope this helps.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    try playing any of the lego games and count how many times it will freeze completely at random. and it will do it on ALL lego games :P