Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal to be shown on this week's State of Play stream

It's been just about a year since we saw the initial reveal of the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West. So, after such a long wait, Sony has decided to treat fans to a new reveal: sharing a first-ever look at the gameplay. The footage--taken from a PlayStation 5 console--will be shown off at the end of this week's State of Play, which is set to take place on May 27th, at 2pm PT/11pm CET. As for the State of Play live stream itself, that'll kick off at 9am PT/6pm CET.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really loved the first game but I hope the story isn't just "Hades was revived by Sylens and you must stop him".

And we need a mount that can fly

Reactions: DS1

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonys version of monster hunter
That is too broad of a comparison really. You don't have to like Monster Hunter to enjoy Horizon. The only real similarities is the hunting of various "beasts", some incredibly large.
I personally don't like the Monster Hunter series much, and Horizon is one of my favorite games of all time. (although the MH creature art is fantastic, and watching skilled players take out huge beasts together is entertaining)

Watch a review or two of Horizon to get the jist of it. Has a great post apocalyptic story and main character/lore/world building. Combat is exciting but can get repetitive if you are not willing to try out the different weapons/tools that are slowly introduced to you. And as you get more skilled, you feel like you are becoming more the hunter than the prey.

Very large, open world but can feel a little empty at times if you are not willing to explore lore items/locations. Humans are the endangered species here, so it's not unusual to not meet many NPCs.

For all it's minor flaws, it was met with great praise and received many accolades, and Forbidden West is at the top of many gamers 2021 release lists.
Might not be your cup of tea, but at least check it out before dismissing it altogether.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it will not sell good. First they need to sell some PS5´s to people and not to PS5 Scalpers

Except there's several millions of PS5's out there. I've bought three quite easily, as well as a few Series X's. Sold all of the PS5's for $$$$ (because I kept getting the crappy fan model) and kept one Series X for myself. Doesn't matter who is selling them, they are out there in the millions. It's not like scalpers are sitting on piles and piles of unsold PS5's. They're getting sold to actual players, regardless of price.The game will sell just fine, but certainly more if EVERYone who wanted a PS5 had one.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
HZD was a good game but I wasn't super excited about it, didn't get that much into the gameplay mechanics, storyline, and whatnot.

The graphics were stunning for the time. But the 'overlooting' is something that I found quite offputting - too much looting just ruins the fun of looting: all the items you pick up are just worthless.

I beat the game but am not sure I'll be excited about a sequel.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Complete nonsense. They are BARELY alike.
you hunt robot monsters and harvest their parts to get better gear so yes they are completely alike. the only difference is the combat is dumbed down to the max and the story is slightly better in fact the only thing interesting was the story (despite it being done before in other games and movies). but once i beat it i immediately sold it and if this sequel is more of the same than I'm not interested this time.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you hunt robot monsters and harvest their parts to get better gear so yes they are completely alike. the only difference is the combat is dumbed down to the max and the story is slightly better"

Except. Wrong. They are not completely alike. "The only difference"? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol