Hori to release 'Daemon X Machina' grip controller

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I don't want to buy new joycons because the Switch Mini might be announced next year but in the meantime this will make handheld mode way more comfortable for me

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Looks nice. Finally a proper solution for offset sticks/D-pad. It's too bad they're missing features, because if they worked wirelessly and had gyros, I could happily have them permanently attached to my Switch. I do sometimes use the JoyCons wirelessly though, and I play Splatoon, so it's no good for me.

3. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    So they really think this game will sell well?

Reminds me of Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS.

4. Torina

Torina GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2018
    France
    Wait wait wait...
    Joycons are 80€...And this thing is 58€ ?

Sweet !

5. Xzi

Xzi A terrible fate fills you with determination

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I doubt anyone is expecting Pokemon or Zelda-level sales out of it, but there's definitely a market out there for mech games with a focus on customization. I think the aesthetic is pretty awesome, too.

6. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    I love the look of that thing. I only wonder how stable it will be even the light joycons have a slight wobble... Anyways motion control would be great. And has it no rumble or no HD rumble?

Wonder what moders can do with that ting

7. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Where did I insist that I was saying nothing? I'm saying that people should probably avoid supporting publishers/developers who engage in unethical business practices. Y'know, unless they want to see more unethical business practices across the gaming industry. Not a complicated concept. Piracy is just another means to that same end, especially if people who would've otherwise bought the game pirate it instead.

Keep in mind I haven't pirated anything for the better part of a decade, and I spend a ton of money building my game libraries. If not for Fortnite kiddies stealing their parents' credit cards to fund the misadventures of Tim Sweeney, PC gaming wouldn't be in this predicament, and I wouldn't be dusting off my eye-patch and peg leg.

Last edited by Xzi, Jun 14, 2019
  8. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    *Batman* "Who the fuck stole my switch idea?" Looks nice but it will be hard to replace custom joycons.

9. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    Lol, no it's not. That's an excuse. If you don't want to see unethical busines spread, you have to put a light on it. Not make it about something else, like an argument for piracy. You are conflating issues, which makes your disapproval of aforementioned "ethical choices" look disingenuous. You seem like you are saying something, but you aren't.

Also, simply not buying a product doesn't make the practice behind it go away either.

ViRGE likes this.
  10. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Throw it my way instead! :creep:

But in all seriousness. These grips looks great in my opinion, but lacks the features I want.
    Gyro and batteries. I wish I could use them just like joycons.

HD rumble isn't a big deal, to be honest I haven't noticed any difference in the games I've played compared to regular rumble... And the IR thing isn't used in any of the games I've been interested in so far, so that's also not a big deal.

Price is fair IMO because Hori tend to have good quality when it comes to controllers, just sad it lacks battery and gyro.

11. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    ...and it's never gonna release outside of Japan

12. AlexMCS

AlexMCS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Brazil
    It's already listed on amazon US though - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T5QKKVP/

Buying this stuff ASAP, I need it. IDGAF about the extra "features" of the joycons. They suck as individual joysticks, I hate gyro/rumble, and have no use for NFC. Since I mostly play the Switch in portable mode, this is a godsend.

Xzi and Scarlet like this.
  13. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Is a 3rd party joy con that actually can connect wirelessly to much to ask for.

14. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Ooooh this is a good sign! Gonna have to keep an eye on UK Amazon, otherwise I'll be importing!

15. Nekomaru

Nekomaru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Germany
    Amazon US ships them to Europe in case they're not official (still I don't remember a case of a Hori Switch product not available locally here in Germany, they're normally available at every major retailer). I was considering the Satisfye grip since it's not available in EU but I find USD 35 (including shipment and estimated customs) for a piece of plastic unreasonable.

Scarlet likes this.
  16. Dante2405

Dante2405 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Do want!

17. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i don't play in handheld mode...but...but i still want this. what's going on? :wtf:

18. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    That's exactly what I'm doing, shining a light on it. My point being that if shining a light on it drives more people to piracy instead of giving these unethical companies their money, that's a win for the cause if you're looking at the bigger picture instead of trying to be reductionist.

It's completely disingenuous to suggest these issues aren't intertwined. If people have the self-control to boycott unethical companies without playing any of the games they've made exclusive, more power to them. For those that don't have that kind of self-control, I'd rather see them pirate those games. Understand? I'm suggesting piracy as a last resort, not a first choice.

Not without a significant portion of people boycotting it, you're correct. I can only control my own actions, and in the meantime hope that other people realize supporting unethical business practices is bad for the gaming industry as a whole.

Last edited by Xzi, Jun 14, 2019
  19. ElTacoDestroyer

ElTacoDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2019
    United States
    LoL that game isn't even on my radar - but "HELLO" awesomeness controllers!

20. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Should be 35 ....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —