TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been talked about yet, but I found the Hori Screen Protectors at Target. The pack includes touch screen, top screen, out side and button/d-pad area protectors. All for $10. I think it's better the having to wait for them to ship or worry that they're fake if you order online.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been talked about yet, but I found the Hori Screen Protectors at Target. The pack includes touch screen, top screen, out side and button/d-pad area protectors. All for $10. I think it's better the having to wait for them to ship or worry that they're fake if you order online.

Oh so NOW they're at Target. When I went a few months ago after a brutal scratch endured by my naked screen during an intense game of Meteos, all they had were Pelican protectors which I wasn't going to risk putting on my DS. I got a legit Hori protector from Decalgirl anyway so I'm alright.

However, thanks for the heads up. Excessive Ouendan 2 (Going for S Rank + Hidden with cheerleaders in every level, got a few more left to go) is really putting some circular scratches on my protector so I may need to replace it soon.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea I really recommend you guys buy these Hori screen protectors before playing. I still have mine on from like two years ago and they made be a little beat upped but the original screen is scratched free! Also, yea Fry's had them forever now...

Initial D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 1 set of Hori screen protectors from Play-Asia only to mess up badly on the install. Saw this thread as I was in quick need of a replacement and sped off to my local Target. Sure enough they had them, cheaper too. Thanks again!
grog.gif

six-five-two

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question... Do the Hori screen protectors use adhesives aswell to stick on? Doesn't it leave residue when you try to take it off?

Initial D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They use like static or something. Definitely not adhesive, and they're easy to remove with a bit of scotch tape.
When you say easy... just how easy?

I'm not trying to say you're lying, but please do tell. When I tried to remove mine (when it was already set), I had to resort to much stronger PACKAGING scotch tape just to barely lift up the corner. I was going crazy because the directions on the Hori instructions make it look sooo easy.

essasin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They use like static or something. Definitely not adhesive, and they're easy to remove with a bit of scotch tape.

I'm not trying to say you're lying, but please do tell. When I tried to remove mine (when it was already set), I had to resort to much stronger PACKAGING scotch tape just to barely lift up the corner. I was going crazy because the directions on the Hori instructions make it look sooo easy.

I have had similar experiences. Once my screen protector set, it did not lift easily.

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have had similar experiences. Once my screen protector set, it did not lift easily.

You're absolutely right, it is NOT easy to remove the protector.

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Pelican, since launch on both my DS and DS Lite, they work great, the DS Lite one does have scratches in it, but my DS is still scratch free. I saw these Horis, figured out I'd give em a try when my Pelican's die on my DS Lite, so I got a pack. Seems like Target isn't justcarrying these hori products, but also the stylii and game case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended