Hori Screen Protectors in the USA

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TEKNOSYSTEKWRX, Jun 9, 2007.

1. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX
    OP

TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

Jun 23, 2006
    United States
    South Florida
    Not sure if this has been talked about yet, but I found the Hori Screen Protectors at Target. The pack includes touch screen, top screen, out side and button/d-pad area protectors. All for $10. I think it's better the having to wait for them to ship or worry that they're fake if you order online.

2. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    at fry's they've had the screen protectors for months now..not the D or button though.

3. pristinemog

pristinemog GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2006
    United States
    Tampa, FL
    Oh so NOW they're at Target. When I went a few months ago after a brutal scratch endured by my naked screen during an intense game of Meteos, all they had were Pelican protectors which I wasn't going to risk putting on my DS. I got a legit Hori protector from Decalgirl anyway so I'm alright.

However, thanks for the heads up. Excessive Ouendan 2 (Going for S Rank + Hidden with cheerleaders in every level, got a few more left to go) is really putting some circular scratches on my protector so I may need to replace it soon.

4. falcon64z8

falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2005
    United States
    Yea I really recommend you guys buy these Hori screen protectors before playing. I still have mine on from like two years ago and they made be a little beat upped but the original screen is scratched free! Also, yea Fry's had them forever now...

5. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX
    OP

TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

Jun 23, 2006
    United States
    South Florida
    Fry's sound like a cool store, better then Best Buy. I wish we had them on the east coast...

6. breezie

breezie Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2007
    United States
    there's two in GA! =)

7. lblk32

lblk32 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    thats where i got mine

8. Initial D

Initial D Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2007
    United States
    I ordered 1 set of Hori screen protectors from Play-Asia only to mess up badly on the install. Saw this thread as I was in quick need of a replacement and sped off to my local Target. Sure enough they had them, cheaper too. Thanks again! [​IMG]

9. six-five-two

six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2007
    Canada
    Question... Do the Hori screen protectors use adhesives aswell to stick on? Doesn't it leave residue when you try to take it off?

10. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    They use like static or something. Definitely not adhesive, and they're easy to remove with a bit of scotch tape.

11. chalupa

chalupa GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2006
    United States
    yup I got mine at Target but did a terrible install so i need to get some more
    (my bottom screen is still naked)

12. Initial D

Initial D Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2007
    United States
    When you say easy... just how easy?

I'm not trying to say you're lying, but please do tell. When I tried to remove mine (when it was already set), I had to resort to much stronger PACKAGING scotch tape just to barely lift up the corner. I was going crazy because the directions on the Hori instructions make it look sooo easy.

13. essasin

essasin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2007
    United States
    I have had similar experiences. Once my screen protector set, it did not lift easily.

14. Melchizedek

Melchizedek GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2006
    Canada
    You're absolutely right, it is NOT easy to remove the protector.

15. TheBlueStylus

TheBlueStylus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2007
    United States
    I've been using Pelican, since launch on both my DS and DS Lite, they work great, the DS Lite one does have scratches in it, but my DS is still scratch free. I saw these Horis, figured out I'd give em a try when my Pelican's die on my DS Lite, so I got a pack. Seems like Target isn't justcarrying these hori products, but also the stylii and game case.

16. myclock

myclock GBAtemp Fan

Feb 20, 2007
    Australia
    its nice to see that the US has Hori screens locally but i hope austraila gets them in too [​IMG]