Hardware (Hori) - Old 3DS XL vs. New 3DS LL Screen Protector?

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if there's any difference in quality between the Hori old 3DS XL screen protector: http://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-3DS-Screen-Protective-Filter/dp/B008HPAXZ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1421446307&sr=1-1&keywords=hori 3ds xl and the Hori New 3DS LL screen protector: http://www.amazon.ca/x3010-x5BFE-x5FDC-x3011-x7A7A/dp/B00NFCCV98/ref=sr_1_14?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1421446114&sr=1-14&keywords=new 3ds ll

I know the screen size for the New 3DS XL is same as the old 3DS XL, the price of the old Hori 3DS XL screen protector is $10 and the price of Hori New 3DS LL screen protector is $15 not much of a difference in price if the new protector is indeed better.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply...I know the old one fits fine and works fine (from previous threads on GBTemp) but I was just wondering if it's worth it to get the new one maybe the quality is better but I'm unsure.

Solar47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply...I know the old one fits fine and works fine (from previous threads on GBTemp) but I was just wondering if it's worth it to get the new one maybe the quality is better but I'm unsure.

I doubt its any different I got mine on amazon and yeah it fits fine and install is super easy.

I bet its just different packaging for the new one

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am suspecting that too...Hori probably trying to make a few extra bucks by slapping on a new packaging, if only I could read a bit of Japanese.

D

Deleted-355425

the old XL screen protectors are slightly smaller on the bottom screen on with the New XL but im talking 1mm border compared to the fit on the old model. was done on purpose to make you buy the 'new xl' screen protectors that are £4 more each lol.

Reactions: Nemix77

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the old XL screen protectors are slightly smaller on the bottom screen on with the New XL but im talking 1mm border compared to the fit on the old model. was done on purpose to make you buy the 'new xl' screen protectors that are £4 more each lol.

Mine are like that too, and I use the original XL.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks good to know, the prices are the same is the US now just have to wait a bit longer for Amazon Canada to get the New 3DS XL versions in: http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Screen-P...TF8&qid=1422605124&sr=8-1&keywords=new+3ds+xl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse