2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex DINKELBERG!

Germany
    Yeah. I think i buy a pair of them.

Xzi likes this.
  3. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Pac-Man edition is coming out in November and I think its only announced for Japan right now.

https://www.amazon.com/ButterFox-Ni...182274&sprefix=butterfox+hori+,aps,175&sr=8-1

[​IMG]

Just got this case, its pretty bare bones (a little flimsy) but it does exactly what its advertised to.

AlexMCS and Silent_Gunner like this.
  4. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Any chance you can provide something more identifying than just a picture? Maybe a product name? Company name? Link? Those look fantastic.

5. JakobAir

JakobAir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has Hori ever made a bad product? I've had the SNES style controller they made for the Gamecube since it first came out and it's one of my favorite controllers. Another great one is the Sega Saturn controller

slaphappygamer likes this.
  6. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Now give it rumble, gyro, and wireless functions and a clip to make it a controller. The Hori controllers I've had felt light and cheap and lacked some pretty functions yet controllers costing the same or less have had those features. I've used generic Chinese controllers that are better.
    Objectively bad? No. Underperforming? Yes.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Aug 12, 2020
  7. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

8. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Wow, the Geemee one uses a generic name in my local store. Sucks that it doesn't have turbo. I might buy 2 if I can't find the first one but the 2nd can't charge via rails is a big minus. I'll probably wait for the Vivefox to be more available and hopefully it's popular enough to be stocked in my country.

Last edited by fvig2001, Aug 12, 2020
  9. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

I think both are the same exact joycon but 2 different brands on amazon, the last picture of the Geemee says you can charge via cable or directly on the console.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I remember first hearing about Hori in Japan. my friend told me I should buy a Hori hard pouch for the ds I had just bought. very good quality.

BaamAlex likes this.
  11. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Hmm, I thought they were different. Annoyingly, on checking, the one in my local area, they only sell an older version of #2 with no macro and turbo. If it were available, I probably would get it over the new colors of Hori Split Pro

12. Trice

Trice GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    The issue seems to be that Chinese knockoffs don't care about reverse-engineering Nintendos protocols while an official licensee like Hori can't do that, they can only use what Nintendo provides.

yadspi likes this.
  13. RedBlueGreen

Canada
    They don't need to reverse engineer anything, gyroscopes, NFC, and vibration aren't exclusive to Nintendo.

14. BaamAlex

BaamAlex DINKELBERG!

Germany
    But the joycon concept is from nintendo. I think that's the reason why no 3rd party producer uses hd rumble or gyroscope. Correct me if im wrong.

15. RedBlueGreen

Canada
    The Nyko Dualies use gyro and I think those are officially licensed.

16. BaamAlex

BaamAlex DINKELBERG!

Germany
    But they can't be used in handheld mode. Another thing which is missing.

17. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Yeah, there's a couple versions it seems, the "new" version is the same as the black ones, just other distributor.

There's something fishy here, either Hori can't use those things or they have to pay more to Nintendo, I always thought that it was the former but PowerA made new wireless controllers that wake up the Switch and have Gyro (no rumble whatsoever or NFC). I'm thinking that being officially licensed by itself costs what adding those features but not being licensed would, because Chinese/other brands can have those features but also Nintendo can update and brick them.

18. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Probably they didn't want Hori to be the go to controller given the drift issue.

19. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Well I have the Split Pad pro almost unused (I don't have too much time to play), I ordered the Geemee ones because I want gyro but doubt they'll be better than the Hori ones.

20. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Yeah I bet the dpad or analog will have some kind of issue. I mean, the most obvious one is that single joycon mode is awkward AF.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controllers, adding, colors