Gaming Hope for Paper Mario?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,010
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted User

OP
I love Paper Mario. I've loved every game in the series (yes I even liked Sticker Star, don't hate me), but I will admit that the series has gone down a bit. Paper Mario fans have been hoping for another game that is similar to the Thousand Year Door, but their hopes seemed to be crushed after the release of Color Splash. Lately Nintendo has been taking risks with their games. They've tried to be more creative with their games, as shown in BotW. Perhaps Miyamoto is seeing this success and will not try to destroy the next Paper Mario game's plot.

What do you guys think? Will there be a awesome Paper Mario game on Switch, or will they continue to stay with the "Sticker Star" way?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY someone other than me who enjoyed Sticker Star. I cleaned it out at 40 hours. I would only recommend TTYD do anyone who thinks the series looks interesting. Proper RPG.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Are we gonna get another Paper Mario game on the Switch? Of course.
Is it gonna be a proper RPG again? I sure hope so.

Sticker Star just felt dull. It wasn't boring, mind you, but it was extremely dull. See, after a while, I realized there was absolutely no point fighting enemies. They didn't drop anything helpful, battles gave maybe a handful of coins, and they consumed stickers. Might as well hoard the best stickers and save 'em all for the battles I can't skip. I believe that's a fundamental design flaw with the game's gameplay. If there's no reward for fighting battles, why bother? I want them to keep the really nice graphical style they've struck recently, keep the tongue-in-cheek writing, and at the very least finally introduce a good reward or draw for battling baddies. It doesn't even have to be an RPG, it could be something like Super Paper Mario and be more of a platformer, but please, no more pointless battles.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Paper Mario. I've loved every game in the series (yes I even liked Sticker Star, don't hate me), but I will admit that the series has gone down a bit. Paper Mario fans have been hoping for another game that is similar to the Thousand Year Door, but their hopes seemed to be crushed after the release of Color Splash. Lately Nintendo has been taking risks with their games. They've tried to be more creative with their games, as shown in BotW. Perhaps Miyamoto is seeing this success and will not try to destroy the next Paper Mario game's plot.

What do you guys think? Will there be a awesome Paper Mario game on Switch, or will they continue to stay with the "Sticker Star" way?
Would be great if its not anything like sticker star. I thin we will get a paper mario, and a mario and luigi.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i would love a paper mario collection too, paper mario 64+pptyd+super paper mario+paper mario sticker star+paper mario color splash

it would be a kickass collection, sadly nintendo rarely does collections :S

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love a paper mario collection too, paper mario 64+pptyd+super paper mario+paper mario sticker star+paper mario color splash

it would be a kickass collection, sadly nintendo rarely does collections :S
Um no. If Nintendo hopes to make Paper Mario sell again, by now they should have realized they're better off leaving these two games behind and stick with the original trilogy instead. That and actually returning to to the stuff that actually worked, because the direction that they took after that didn't quite work in the long run, and only put the series into a massive slump.

On a related note, here's a video that I found:

Last edited by MushGuy,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh the rewards for the battles in sticker star were the battles themselves for me lol. I really enjoyed the battles in this game and I usually fought all the enemies in the area because it was just plain fun not because I needed to grind to beat a boss. I enjoyed sticker star for what it was, and it was a pretty fun game with some nice music, graphics, and gameplay. Not the best paper mario game obviously but still a joy to play imo

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the devs stated that they arent going back to the old paper mario style, since the mario & luigi rpg games occupes the "mario rpg" spot.

Although the gave the hope for remakes or remasters of the old ones, they only wont be doing news ones based on them.

So, if you want a new paper mario story, just lose all your hope because they wont be doing one with the gameplay of the old ones.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure the devs stated that they arent going back to the old paper mario style, since the mario & luigi rpg games occupes the "mario rpg" spot.

Although the gave the hope for remakes or remasters of the old ones, they only wont be doing news ones based on them.

So, if you want a new paper mario story, just lose all your hope because they wont be doing one with the gameplay of the old ones.
All the more reason to appease fans and give us a collection of the original trilogy then...:D
But I'm not hopeful for a return to form, indeed Mario & Luigi has been mentioned here, these games have gone progressively downhill too - I don't expect a return to form there either...
(I've depressed myself after typing that now....:lol: )

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I do like all the Paper Mario games but I wish they would go back to the story-driven style. But they have pretty much said they don't want Paper Mario to have a proper story so it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. Mario & Luigi seems like it's the best thing we've got when it comes to that, but it's not quite the same thing, and I didn't like Paper Jam very much. Dream Team was great though.
Super Paper Mario might be my favorite in the series. It was really different from earlier entries, and is equally different from the later ones, but I really enjoyed the story, and it had some interesting level design and mechanics and a great soundtrack. They haven't made another game remotely like that since, so I would enjoy another action-based Paper Mario game.

Whatever they end up giving us, I'm sure I'll still like it.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they will ever return to RPG style because Intelligent Systems, the developer of Paper Mario N64 and Thousand Year Door, is busy with Fire Emblem's newfound mass popularity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol