Hop into McDonald's to get Hoopa for a limited time!

hoopa_by_deco_kun1.png
Between November 27th and December 23rd, head over to select McDonald's with your 3DS to get the mystical Pokémon Hoopa. This is the first opportunity for Americans to obtain this rare monster.

All you have to do is head to McDonald's with a copy of Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS and connect your 3DS to the Nintendo Zone after logging into the free Wi-Fi.

It's nice that this promotion is available for all four of the main Pokémon games for 3DS, but when it's in OR/AS it can transform into Hoopa Unbound! There is no information yet as to if this is a US based event only. This is one of the longer Pokémon events in recent years but don't delay to get this sucker.

:arrow: source

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 22 years old and I have no issues going to a store for a download or walking around with my 3DS and playing pokemon.
Sure some people look at me a bit funny cause I look like a bodybuilder do to lifting for around 6 years due to going to compete hopefully soon.
Pokemon is awesome, I actually do walk around places with my 3DS and play Pokemon. I really don't care, Pokemon rocks.

If you're insecure because of a game you play I don't think the issue is the game. You should probably put it down and focus on boosting your self esteem and make yourself feel better.
Hah, dude, I've seen a couple bodybuilder-looking dudes at a Pokemon tournament before. Seriously hard-lookin' dudes you wouldn't want to mess with. I highly doubt anyone would have the balls to criticize them to their faces.

Both were competitive players, they tore that tourney up. One of the dudes made it to the final round and after a great match, I beat him. In that same tournament a 12-year old girl was tearing adults to pieces, and even knocked the other buff dude out of the tournament. I was afraid to face her but thankfully she was eliminated. XD

All ages, shapes, and sizes play Pokemon, it's really universal. Like you said, if someone feels any shame about being seen playing it, it's a self-confidence issue. No one has any right to criticize you, and if they do its their own ignorance and pettiness. Same with cartoons, ponies, or whatever, like what you like and don't give a shit what others say. That's being an adult.

Reactions: omgpwn666

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By my math that dude made about $60 from that video, so right on!

Honestly, I'm surprised adults are upset about the event being at McDonald's. As if it's any more "kiddish" to eat at McDonald's than it is to play Pokemon. If people really feel shame, then they can do it all in their car in the parking lot. The wifi probably extends that far.
I'm not upset about it being kiddish i'm upset that none of the McDonalds in my city are doing it and the managers I spoke to thought I was a crazy person.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not upset about it being kiddish i'm upset that none of the McDonalds in my city are doing it and the managers I spoke to thought I was a crazy person.
If you asked if they make a pokemon event, sure they could assume that.
If you asked if they provide access to a Nintendo Zone, which you could check online, the answer would be probably "yes".

jhazicalization

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 2 unused hoopa serial codes. But i forgot which one of the 3 codes i used to claim my hoopa and im not sure if the codes are still valid, kindly check for your self and its for NA version by the way.

1. F5A4M6T4GLFHZCFM
2. F5A4RETKJ5CD5JN8
3. F5A46GSQWN386XP8

:) Tell me if it worked for you.:)

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seems I was right. No need for MAC cloning or anything. Just set your router's SSID to "McDonalds Free WiFi" (without quotes, CAPITALISATION MATTERS!) and turn off security (no WEP/WPA/WPA2), then go to Mystery Gift -> From Internet in the game (tested on US version of X and AS)

Last edited by PewnyPL,

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems I was right. No need for MAC cloning or anything. Just set your router's SSID to "McDonalds Free WiFi" (without quotes, CAPITALISATION MATTERS!) and turn off security (no WEP/WPA/WPA2), then go to Mystery Gift -> From Internet in the game (tested on US version of X and AS)

That didn't work for me. Said No gifts was found.

I am in Canada if that has anything to do with it, but I doubt that's the problem.

It pisses me off because those events aren't in Canada and Nintendo/Gamefreak are too retarded to understand that it's 2015 and that they could make it available via WiFi instead.

Edit: NVM, it worked, just had to set it to Connection 1.

Last edited by Giga_Gaia,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just got mine! In case anyone was wondering, I was able to get it using 9.9 and running my game through HANS.
I don't think you need to update, but if anyone wondering if you could do it.

Reactions: Blue
D

Deleted-236924

If anyone can't set up their own wireless access point and/or can't change settings on their router for any reason, and can't go in-person to McDonalds to pick it up, I can pick up as many as needed and trade them away.
Or if you are in Europe and weren't able to get the European event at the time, I can get you the US one at least.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyone in Nordic countries using EU console (or have hans for eu access)?

Hoopa is coming to your NZ, *reducted*!

It appears that the campaign begins on 1st December, so we can only *reducted*.
(not serial code, it's *reducted*)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 2 unused hoopa serial codes. But i forgot which one of the 3 codes i used to claim my hoopa and im not sure if the codes are still valid, kindly check for your self and its for NA version by the way.

1. F5A4M6T4GLFHZCFM
2. F5A4RETKJ5CD5JN8
3. F5A46GSQWN386XP8

:) Tell me if it worked for you.:)

All 3 codes have been redeemed, just to save anyone time if they were gonna try them.

EDIT: I got Hoopa just by using my phone as a mobile hotspot, and named the SSID "McDonalds Free WiFi" without quotes.

Last edited by omgpwn666, , Reason: I got Hoopa

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
For people who say its not awkward for adults to be doing this, please watch this

Maybe you don't realise, but it's quite obvious to me that this guy is autistic. To post this video labelling it as awkward is cruel. The world would be a much better place if individual differences were celebrated instead of mocked.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hate those event that require players to pop out their 3ds in the public. Going to some place to get connected is already enough...

Does anyone knows if those events are by Location or game region?

Last edited by Wekker,
D

Deleted-236924

I hate those event that require players to pop out their 3ds in the public. Going to some place to get connected is already enough...

Does anyone knows if those events are by Location or game region?

3DS/Game region.
If you have a NA 3DS and game then you should be able to get this from anywhere in the world as long as you connected to an access point named McDonalds Free WiFi with no password on it.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your post got me digging to make sure i was not going to McDonalds for nothing . . . nintendo usa support page does not even list McDonalds as a nintendo zone location Where Are Nintendo Zones Located? | Nintendo Support but it does list at&t wi-fi and at&t wifi site http://www.att.com/maps/wifi.html does list McDonalds so i wounder if you can get hoopa from any at&t wi-fi hotspot and skip the restaurant that made america fat

Tortitamal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If anyone is wondering, you can get this Hoopa from the Mcdonalds (or the McDonalds Free WiFi SSID wthout Password) Even if you got one through the Serial codes for Hoopa distributed by Asian Max Consoles using Facebook n_n

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone is wondering, you can get this Hoopa from the Mcdonalds (or the McDonalds Free WiFi SSID wthout Password) Even if you got one through the Serial codes for Hoopa distributed by Asian Max Consoles using Facebook n_n
would u mind share the link?:shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.