Hardware hooking my nintendo switch to my laptop !

RACHID

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
hello,
I have a nintendo switch and a laptop, I wonder if there is a way to display my docked switch on my laptop screen
thanks

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If your going to spend $$ for a capture card, why not buy a monitor for the Switch instead?...unless you want to capture gameplay to upload.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If your going to spend $$ for a capture card, why not buy a monitor for the Switch instead?...unless you want to capture gameplay to upload.
Why bring a monitor around with you when you already have a laptop screen?
hello,
I have a nintendo switch and a laptop, I wonder if there is a way to display my docked switch on my laptop screen
thanks
Elgato Game Capture HD60S is what I have. But I use OBS for viewing the video rather than Elgato's software because Elgato's "Instant Gameview" funnily enough has much higher latency than OBS' full screen view, tested with Fast RMX which was unplayable with Elgato's software. But YMMV.
I also have a JumpGate/JumpDrive portable dock (should be brick safe) so the entire setup is pretty compact.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Ninse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Elgato Game Capture HD60S is what I have. But I use OBS for viewing the video rather than Elgato's software because Elgato's "Instant Gameview" funnily enough has much higher latency than OBS' full screen view, tested with Fast RMX which was unplayable with Elgato's software. But YMMV.
I also have a JumpGate/JumpDrive portable dock (should be brick safe) so the entire setup is pretty compact.
I'm looking for that too: is the other '4k' version any better latency wise for elgato cards? Do you need a powerful computer if you don't stream?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm looking for that too: is the other '4k' version any better latency wise for elgato cards? Do you need a powerful computer if you don't stream?
4K version of what?
Nah. Actually when streaming a capture card you don't need that powerful specs anyway, because your computer doesn't have to run the game, capture it and encode the video, it only has to encode the video.

Ninse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
4K version of what?
Nah. Actually when streaming a capture card you don't need that powerful specs anyway, because your computer doesn't have to run the game, capture it and encode the video, it only has to encode the video.
OK thanks.
This card : https://www.amazon.com/Capture-MK-2...r-Technology/dp/B07VWXCXM7/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
My logic would be that outpouting 1080p for a 4k card would be even better latency wise.

How perceptible is the lag? 0.5s? less than that?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just get the Elgato H60 S you could always upscale your footage to 4K with higher bitrate via OBS. Spending $200 on the new Elagto HD60 S+ just for a 4K capture option is too steep.
OBS seriously makes the Elgato software pointless unless you need that go back in time record feature.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK thanks.
This card : https://www.amazon.com/Capture-MK-2...r-Technology/dp/B07VWXCXM7/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
My logic would be that outpouting 1080p for a 4k card would be even better latency wise.

How perceptible is the lag? 0.5s? less than that?
It should have lower latency just due to being PCIe but supported resolution has little to do with it.

Not perceptible at all for me unless I'm looking for it. Certainly doesn't affect my gameplay. But everyone's tolerance for that is different.
500ms would be awful.

Reactions: Ninse

Ninse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should have lower latency just due to being PCIe but supported resolution has little to do with it.

Not perceptible at all for me unless I'm looking for it. Certainly doesn't affect my gameplay. But everyone's tolerance for that is different.
500ms would be awful.
Thanks !
I'm also planning to actually stream stuff, so it's a useful bonus to play directly in a windows screen. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning